• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God get fed up with us?

Tmac

Well apparently he has everlasting mercy. He is always there for us to go back and repent our sins. He is ready to listen when we are truly humble.
I got this feeling recently though. My real life situation is OK but it could be better. And I am to blame for changing jobs so often that I end up with one where I can hardly make ends meet.
I struggle to feel God's love sometimes. I think He is kind of fed up with my folding under pressure, (real or imagined). He wants me to stand up and be counted. To face realities without running away.
By His grace may I become the person He wants me to be. I've almost tossed all worldly ambition out the window. I need to start working directly for Jesus Christ as my line manager but at the same time best friend.
What does He have in store for me I wonder? Will I fulfill his plans for me? (oh I can be so melodramatic sometimes :) ) yeah ok its not all about me, I know that

I'm not sure you can slow down enough to figure this stuff out, you sound as if you are at war with yourself. Slow down and start from somewhere and then go to the next question. I suggest you start by getting a clear picture of God, that will be the rock upon which everything else will stand. Good luck and just so you know, you are after the real meaning of life.

Tmac

I'm starting to realise why this forum has a "boredom" factor. Its because no one is encouraged to show their vulnerability. Smart alecs who don't believe in anything are encouraged to take digs, pot shots, which is fine I guess except they don't like being on the receiving end.
Atheists are really like vampires. They feed off the life of others. They have no life themselves because their addiction to logic has suffocated their use of imagination or thinking out side the square. In short they have become bores.

Wow, had trouble with the vampire part but the rest was cool.

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
I'm not sure you can slow down enough to figure this stuff out, you sound as if you are at war with yourself. Slow down and start from somewhere and then go to the next question. I suggest you start by getting a clear picture of God, that will be the rock upon which everything else will stand. Good luck and just so you know, you are after the real meaning of life.
helpful, constructive, thanks. maybe I am more suited to an all Christian forum. The distractions here are a concern. My faith isn't strong enough to withstand the demonic forces. :)

Tmac

helpful, constructive, thanks. maybe I am more suited to an all Christian forum. The distractions here are a concern. My faith isn't strong enough to withstand the demonic forces. :)

Listen my fellow traveler, its pretty much the same in every forum, just like in daily life there are clicks and then there is the alpha and the little alpha, your going to have to face them some day but if you need a break take one. But always remember this, the internet allows for alter egos, they do things that they wouldn't ordinarily do, you are dealing with what you think they are (on the internet). If you were to meet them in real life who knows what tune they would be dancing.

Tmac

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Come on Frank. instead of taking potshots at me, why not show me your vulnerable side? The real you. Is that possible?

No problem, I am a fallible vulnerable human being like everyone else.

One thing for sure is that I do not take the vindictive shotgun approach slamming atheists, nor do I accuse others of 'turning away from God,' because they believe differently.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Silver bullets, garlic. Holy Water from the Jordan River, and blessed wooden stakes may help your cause. As a last resort try exorcism.

You can hide out in Christianity DIR and avoid the reality of the diversity of fallible humans in the real world.

Last edited:

Tmac

good insights sir. You've definitely still got all your marbles. I hope I have all mine at your age.

So you expect to get to my age, I think that is a healthy sign. but in all honesty, if you don't surpass me then this exercise was a waste of time.

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
. . . and of course an over zealous reconvert to the Roman Church.
Zeal is something the Catholic Church needs. We have to admit the Protestants are better than us at that.
Come back Henry. Stop worshipping those false gods and repent. its not too late. God will forgive you.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Zeal is something the Catholic Church needs. We have to admit the Protestants are better than us at that.
Come back Henry. Stop worshipping those false gods and repent. its not too late. God will forgive you.

You will have to talk to Henry about that problem.

It helps in understanding the dialogue that you consider yourself a zealot.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You could post in the Christian DIR which has much stricter rules for posting.