• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God hate Christians?

Winnipeg10

This is the original question I wanted to ask but was interupted by God and his wrath on another subject. I talk with with god we know blah blah on with it...

My question is does God hate Christians? I'm under the impression he does by what he says to me. He keeps on complaining that all religious Holidays glorify Christ and not God. He says Christmas is God's glory not christs and so on and such forth including the Christian Religion when God shall be worshiped not christ.

The impression I get from God is that if you worship Christ fully knowing God's exsistance you shall suffer since it is God's world and choices HE MAKES and no man, son, whatever Christ is can stop his path and glory, and that all glory shall be God's and NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Chirst's.

Can you elborate with me if you know a little more about how God feel's concerning the Diffrence between God and Christ and who should recieve religious holidays and who shouldn't?

As I said before, "Yes, God and I talk." and he is especially furious about the Christmas thing glorifiying Christ as gifts and presents are concerned, he wanted them to be associated with himself and not Christ. Snooze you Loose I guess?

FatMan

First off, I don't think god hates anything. If you complain about getting warm potato salad at a deli, does that mean you hate potato salad?

Also, since Christ is the Son of God, I would think god would praise all things regarding his son, including adoration - this of course omitting the fact that Christians also praise God the Father.

Sorry if those are bad examples, but I had trouble wading through the starting post, so I figured I'd do my best to make it even murkier.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Winnipeg10 said:
The impression I get from God is that if you worship Christ fully knowing God's exsistance you shall suffer since it is God's world and choices HE MAKES and no man, son, whatever Christ is can stop his path and glory, and that all glory shall be God's and NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Chirst's.
Many Christian texts including those in the New Testament suggest that this is Satan's world, at least at the moment. From this perspective, it would seem that maybe you're talking to Satan, not God.

Winnipeg10 said:
As I said before, "Yes, God and I talk." and he is especially furious about the Christmas thing glorifiying Christ as gifts and presents are concerned, he wanted them to be associated with himself and not Christ. Snooze you Loose I guess?
Most Christians believe God and Christ are one, when Christians speak of Christ they mean God, i doubt God is ignorant enough not to realise this.

Winnipeg10

Sunstone said:
Do you seriously believe God is so petty that He resents the attention paid Christ?

Yup! BIG TIME CARES.. He's more human than any other person I know... Between you and me, "He's the biggest cry-baby i've ever seen."

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Winnipeg10 said:
He keeps on complaining that all religious Holidays glorify Christ and not God.
I seriously doubt God is a whiner or obsessing over what any humans are celebrating.

Winnipeg10

Halcyon said:
Many Christian texts including those in the New Testament suggest that this is Satan's world, at least at the moment. From this perspective, it would seem that maybe you're talking to Satan, not God.

Most Christians believe God and Christ are one, when Christians speak of Christ they mean God, i doubt God is ignorant enough not to realise this.

I've always wondered if I were talking to Satan acutually, The thing is he says he's God he's the only one on this earth, He does in fact take on multiple roles as the same person, includes he can play the devil or God but insists he's the only power on earth except he does however admit from time to time he does have a boss which is never present. And is extremely strict on his ways.

syoonsh

From what I've heard, God likes Jesus, but God does not like the followers of Jesus Christ. For Jesus is human being, and yet, people tried to treat him as a god...

FatMan

Winnipeg10 said:
Yup! BIG TIME CARES.. He's more human than any other person I know... Between you and me, "He's the biggest cry-baby i've ever seen."

You don't watch the NBA I take it.

By the way, God must really think The Holy Spirit is a pisser.

FatMan

syoonsh said:
From what I've heard, God likes Jesus, but God does not like the followers of Jesus Christ. For God is human being, and yet, people tried to treat him as a god...

I think God's just jealous. Especially when he's monitoring a bedroom and hears "Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, god", and he isn't in there to experience the love!!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I think "hate" is a term that grossly misrepresents how God has chosen to approach us.

A

angellous_evangellous

divine said:
well, god told me he converted to hare krishna.

and he hates sweden.

Yeah, I clicked on this thread to say that Fred Phelps would be a great person to talk with about who God hates.

Winnipeg10

Well, it seems to me most of you don't know God as you would know what I am talking about when I say cry-baby... The bottom line is he IS jealous and IS MORE HUMAN THAN YOU AND I and does care about his glory if you would just listen to him and stop pretending he's some overpowerful figure way up in the sky for us to sympathise with.

I gave God the nickname "the kid" as he can be a brat when he doesn't get completely what he wants and Christ has most of his glory.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Winnipeg10 said:
Well, it seems to me most of you don't know God as you would know what I am talking about when I say cry-baby... The bottom line is he IS jealous and IS MORE HUMAN THAN YOU AND I and does care about his glory if you would just listen to him and stop pretending he's some overpowerful figure way up in the sky for us to sympathise with.

I gave God the nickname "the kid" as he can be a brat when he doesn't get completely what he wants and Christ has most of his glory.

Some of us do know God and to assume othersie would be ridiculous. I know God and I believe He is totally different then what you describe.

Winnipeg10

beckysoup61 said:
Some of us do know God and to assume othersie would be ridiculous. I know God and I believe He is totally different then what you describe.

I'll trade you one God "the kid" for one "God the man" how's that? :)

Why did I get the brat version???

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What in the world are you talking about???

In what way is God "more human than you and I?" -- except in the person of Christ?
In what way is God's transcendence diminished by some other attribute of God's?

What is your evidence that Christ has most of God's glory? The Son is God, just as the Father is God.

Who are you to judge God's motives and confer upon God a nickname, based upon those judgments? In what way whould those judgments be compelling for the rest of us?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Winnipeg10 said:
I'll trade you one God "the kid" for one "God the man" how's that? :)

Why did I get the brat version???
Apparently you're speaking to the wrong God.

FatMan

Winnipeg10 said:

Even being relatively new here myself, I think I can sniff out who signs up for the sole purpose of riling up the crowd and who doesn't. I respect the moderators and the board, so I won't give you the piece of my mind I'd like.

I'd politely say to take this stuff (loosely speaking) elsewhere.