• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Hate?

chuck010342

Riven said:
God did not create the world we see. This world is an illusion that we made when we tried to separate ourselves from God (which is completely impossible). God doesn't hate anything that happens in this world because He knows that we are dreaming. And He's waiting for us to awake and come home. All of us.

Did you also invent a new God? Clearly this is not the true God of the scriptures. Why worship this new God?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Which God of which religion are we talking about? When i posed the question i meant generally.

I guess its all dependent on which religion you chose to talk about.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
chuck010342 said:
Did you also invent a new God? Clearly this is not the true God of the scriptures. Why worship this new God?
True god, that makes me chuckle - teehee.

Why worship an old God?

Nitai

Hare Krishna

God is complete, perfect and self-satisfied. Everything belongs to Him. There is nothing what He doesn't have. So one can ask the question why He would hate or love anyone if He is complete and Self-satisfied. Any suggestions?

PS: If you say that He needs our love or that He needs to love us it turns out that He is not perfect, complete and Self-satisfied.

Please chant Hare Krishna and be happy.
Nitai

Riven

chuck010342 said:
There is only one God (How can there be more than one everything?) and, though He has no need to be worshipped, people worship Him in various ways. God will appear to you as you would have Him be, so - in a sense - we have each invented our own God. If you believe God is an angry, vengeful, jealous, fearful entity, then that will be your reality. If you believe - like I do - that God is a loving, peaceful, joyous God who loves His children and would rather see them recognize their glory, power, holiness and magnitude than resign themselves to the guilt-laden littleness of the ego and the physical world, then that will be your reality.

You are correct, there is only one true God. That which has no limits cannot fail to be all-encompassing. The manner in which we worship him is really pretty trivial, for the outcome is as changeless and certain as God Himself, and has never been in doubt. There are a countless number of routes you can follow to get from New York to Los Angeles, just like there are countless numbers of paths that can lead someone to God and His Kingdom.

iaminterface said:
God is loving meciful forgiving, and doesnt punish people for eternity because they believe differently.
Was that sarcastic?
Ther last time I checked, Lucifer/Satan was kicked out of Heaven, and now awaits a punishment, simply for questioning God.

My apoligies if this has already been mentioned by somebody else, I havent read this entire thread yet.

Xaero4

He hates no-one. Lucifer wants you to think it's hate God feels, if he does "feel" that is. Lucifer is the source of all the misconseptions of God, for his mission to decieve.

If God is love, compassion, and the Truth, does God hate? Ive seen many people say that God hates homosexuality, child molestation, even Evil.

If God is noT human, how is it possible for God to express human emotion?

Im just wondering what yall think.

Yeah, he hates evil. And he has hated me, which I deserved. Hopefully I will receive his mercy.