• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God have a sense of humour?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I was inspired to ask the forum in general after suggesting to God at my judgement that He sit with me with some popcorn and the movie Airplane to ease his anger. If not that movie, then anything by Monty Python. :D

I just look at a platypus and am convinced that a creator God REALLY has a sense of humour. LOL

What say you? If God can have emotions like love, anger, disappointment, etc. Can He/She take a joke?

Peace,
Mystic

FatMan

If god truly had a sense of humor, he'd have struck down Carlos Mencia and Emo Phillips years ago.

Although on the flip side, the Joker can be a powerful card in poker:)

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

God quite arguably does have a sense of humor, yes!

The Baha'i Faith, for one, says that God loves laughter.

(Indeed, we have a book by that name!)

Best,

Bruce

Ozzie

Undoubtedly God can take a joke because there are plenty of Jokes out there.

Possibly, a Godlike Joke criteria would be a measure of a Godlike capacity for fun?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am not sure that God has a sense of humour as such; but humour generates happy thoughts and laughter, and I am sure he wouuld approve of those.

FatMan

Picturing God smiling is just something one doesn't expect. I picture him as a drill sergeant or principal or my Father-In-Law. If he was laughing or smiling, I'd wonder what impending doom was about to befall me......

Ozzie

FatMan said:
Picturing God smiling is just something one doesn't expect. I picture him as a drill sergeant or principal or my Father-In-Law. If he was laughing or smiling, I'd wonder what impending doom was about to befall me......
So in your opinion is there little separation between the "intention" of a smiling God and Satan?

FatMan said:

Eeegads...I have trouble not picturing him smiling.

Does God have a sense of humor (or humour depending on what side of the pond your reside)? I think so.

As a bit of an aside, I heard a rather humorous quote a week ago: an attribute of a good religion is one that can make fun of itself.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
evearael said:
I believe God has a sense of humor as well after studying Quantum Physics.

LMAO!!

"OK, try to predict where this particle will appear..............using Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.............got your answer?"

"Wrong! PSYCHE!!"

Peace,
Mystic

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think the platypus is all the evidence needed for answering that question. Or Bacchus' contributions on creationism.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
MysticSang'ha said:
I was inspired to ask the forum in general after suggesting to God at my judgement that He sit with me with some popcorn and the movie Airplane to ease his anger. If not that movie, then anything by Monty Python. :D

I just look at a platypus and am convinced that a creator God REALLY has a sense of humour. LOL

What say you? If God can have emotions like love, anger, disappointment, etc. Can He/She take a joke?

Peace,
Mystic

good question!

i don't believe the ultimate, all powerful creator has a sense of humor - that is a human thing, and that God is in no way anthropomorphic in my opinion - but the lesser gods of mine? hell yeah!