• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does internet sometimes bring the worst out of people?

Nichole_R

Yes.

I tried entering "Yes." and it's one character short to be posted! :yes:
Well, the Internet is extremely addictive and it can bring out the worst in a person unprepared to handle it in many ways: physical neglect, setting aside social restraints, unhealthy illusions and unrealistic self image, exposure to dangerous media and ideas, among others.

What is the question?

I'm a girl, goes about 120. Let's say I was The Undertaker. It goes without saying that there's going to be some things you would say to Judith that you would not say to a guy who blocks out the sun. ;)

So "bring the worst out of people" asks "sometimes."

And the answer is no. I have morality, I have integrity, I have will; isn't that what is really being asked, if the internet is licence?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
-The tower of the elephant (1933)

Now apply this line of thought to the net.
No consequences whatsoever for what you say + audience + anonimity = instant jerk
Do you think on the long term this will somehow affect how the future generations relate to each other in real life?

Note: this is just food for thought, I'm not rooting for censorship or anything like that.

Youtube, 4 chan etc are good places to see how people can be complete a holes on the internet. Whether this will eventually change how they act in real life is something I'm not sure of. I doubt it would though. The internet provides them a place to vent all their frustration or be someone that they wouldn't dare be in the 'real world'. So I doubt it'll change them into bad people in real life. Mostly because they know that their actions are more easily punishable in the real world.