• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it bug you that....

lizskid

BANNED
To the original questions:

Does it bug me that some don't believe in my God? Nope. Some don't believe in MY God, but they believe in some sort...I honestly believe they are all related. And, if they believe in no God, it makes me a little sad for them, but as long as they understand that I, too, am allowed my beliefs, it's not a problem for me.

Does it bug me that some so not believe in my tenants, holy works, prohets, etc? Nope again for much the same reason. I am also honest enough to admit that some of the tenants of my faith were borrowed from other, older faiths.

yuvgotmel

To the original questions:

Does it bug me that some don't believe in my God? Nope. Some don't believe in MY God, but they believe in some sort...I honestly believe they are all related. And, if they believe in no God, it makes me a little sad for them, but as long as they understand that I, too, am allowed my beliefs, it's not a problem for me.

Does it bug me that some so not believe in my tenants, holy works, prohets, etc? Nope again for much the same reason. I am also honest enough to admit that some of the tenants of my faith were borrowed from other, older faiths.

Well Lizskid... I expected that from you. ;) I mean that as a compliment too. You are very open like that. It shows and is much appreciated.

Why do you think some people get upset when others don't believe as they do?

...I know from my own experiences, with my family, it made my dad irate, befuddled and caused a lot of chaos. He still hasn't totally accepted it. ...In my case, it could be for more personal reasons. Yet, it does seem that he is just vexed by the fact that I don't agree with his religion. It's something he just doesn't quite understand.

I am not the best at perceiving the thoughts/emotions of others, but I think that other people are "vexed" too when another person doesn't believe as they do.

lizskid

BANNED
Well, some are very fixed in their beliefs. Their devotion is so absolute that they cannot conceive of another choice. To challenge that is to create a lot of anger, sometimes fear, and confusion.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
LOL... Quagmire... You're cool. :p

Thanks yuvgotmel, but nayh ;) ...

"For there is none cool, no, not one. For verily I say unto you we are all silly in the eyes of God (But hey, that's cool)"
--from the little known and widely mistranslated Gospel of St. Anchovie of Pesto

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe we need a Board Psychologist on Staff at RF....

....or just a Bored Psychologist.. since there isn't enough funds to pay them...
Just as long as it is not a Mad Psychiatrist looking to experiment :D

ayani

QUESTION:

Do you all think that people might be getting upset at others who disagree with them because of some sort of cognitive dissonance or doubt in their own beliefs????

perhaps more like a feeling of "this touches me so much and has changed my life, and i feel it is Truth, why can others not see it?"

a bit like the saddness Mr. Emu mentioned. or in some cases, perhaps fear that one is not right.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
perhaps more like a feeling of "this touches me so much and has changed my life, and i feel it is Truth, why can others not see it?"

a bit like the saddness Mr. Emu mentioned. or in some cases, perhaps fear that one is not right.

I like that; when push comes to shove I bet that there are very few people who believe in the exact same beliefs.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Yuvgotmel,
When there is no god why should anyone be bugged.
Religion? its just a way to reach just somen alternative methods of knowing of being of rediscovering
Whatever comes to ones mind it is NOT [neti]
Its just nothingness [WU- CHI]
Love & rgds