• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Frankly, I've quickly lost interest in discussing this with you as you're simply just playing little games

Yes, that's the impression I have. Continually hinting at some knowledge which the rest of us don't have, then side-stepping when challenged to say what this knowledge actually is. I'm bored with it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
According to Hagelin and Goswami there is. Just sayin'
Well, that's their opinion, but I certainly would love to see exactly what it's based on as I've discussed this topic with various people for decades now and nothing has been produced to indicate it exists. Maybe it does, but I simply cannot and will not assume as such.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Well, that's their opinion, but I certainly would love to see exactly what it's based on as I've discussed this topic with various people for decades now and nothing has been produced to indicate it exists. Maybe it does, but I simply cannot and will not assume as such.
I suppose it would be called a theory. It may always be just that. Mighty interesting though!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, that's the impression I have. Continually hinting at some knowledge which the rest of us don't have, then side-stepping when challenged to say what this knowledge actually is. I'm bored with it.
One grows to expect it after awhile. Like so much of the blather in this thread, so much of it is predicated on what is, hypothetically, a deeper insight of the universe and the human condition, played by fools that genuinely seem to show little understanding of either. When asked to espouse this deeper understanding all you get is a tortured rendition of gobbledygook.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Haha! In the end we will find the answer is nothing....................................................but insults. Instead of insults why not prove it is goobbledygook?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I suppose it would be called a theory. It may always be just that. Mighty interesting though!
If you are using the term "theory" in the lay sense, that's fine, but it is not a scientific theory, which requires substantial evidence. But I agree, it is interesting.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Haha! In the end we will find the answer is nothing....................................................but insults. Instead of insults why not prove it is goobbledygook?
Would you actually accept lucid answers? Seriously?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
SO... what did you wish to know then?

For example, "Does the universe need intelligence to order it?"
The real answer is, "We do not have enough information to say, one way or the other." We don't know yet and may never know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
SO... what did you wish to know then?

For example, "Does the universe need intelligence to order it?"
The real answer is, "We do not have enough information to say, one way or the other." We don't know yet and may never know.
So you are saying it can't be proved. Thank you for trying.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So you are saying it can't be proved. Thank you for trying.
Nope. Nice try though. Well, sort of. (This is like swatting gnats, lol.)
What I am saying is we do not have enough information to give an informed answer. There is a rather large difference.