• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this mean that the Jews are the antichrists?

Hi,

I wanted to ask, does this scripture from the New Testament mean that the Jews are the antichrists (1 John 2:22-23, NIV:)

"
(22)Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. (23)No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Since the Jews as a tenet of their faith deny that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah, does this scripture mean that the Jews are the antichrists?

I have nothing against the Jews...I'm not a member of any religion and if there is a God, He/She/It will handle "the antichrists," I believe.

Peace.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Why would you even bother limiting this to Jews? Anyone other than Christians deny that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Hi,

I wanted to ask, does this scripture from the New Testament mean that the Jews are the antichrists (1 John 2:22-23, NIV:)

"
(22)Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. (23)No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Since the Jews as a tenet of their faith deny that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah, does this scripture mean that the Jews are the antichrists?

I have nothing against the Jews...I'm not a member of any religion and if there is a God, He/She/It will handle "the antichrists," I believe.

Peace.

Why limit it to just Jews? Why not also Muslims, Zoroastrians (Saoshyant), Buddhists (maitreya), Rastafarians, Taoists (Li Hong), Babists, and so forth? There are plenty of religions with a messiah or savior concept, who nonetheless do not believe that Jesus was the messiah, or the sole or true messiah, much less the son of God.

Seems like we all ought to be antichrists together.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
An Antichrist is just a person who denies that Jesus is messiah after having been presented with the gospel. So pretty much all non-Christians are Antichrists since the vast majority of human beings have heard the claims of Christianity at one point or another.

Why limit it to just Jews? Why not also Muslims, Zoroastrians (Saoshyant), Buddhists (maitreya), Rastafarians, Taoists (Li Hong), Babists, and so forth? There are plenty of religions with a messiah or savior concept, who nonetheless do not believe that Jesus was the messiah, or the sole or true messiah, much less the son of God.

Seems like we all ought to be antichrists together.

The Scripture says, "(22)Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son."

What is "the Christ?" All religions don't believe in a "the Christ." "The Christ" is an English form of the Hebrew "the Mashiach." That is an identity specific to Judeo-Christianity.

And as far as all non-Christians being antichrists as you claim, the way I see it the Christians have done such a bad job representing Christ that it's like the people have never heard Christ's true message to accept it or reject it.

Peace.

4consideration

Premium Member
The Scripture says, "(22)Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son."

What is "the Christ?" All religions don't believe in a "the Christ." "The Christ" is an English form of the Hebrew "the Mashiach." That is an identity specific to Judeo-Christianity.

And as far as all non-Christians being antichrists as you claim, the way I see it the Christians have done such a bad job representing Christ that it's like the people have never heard Christ's true message to accept it or reject it.

Peace.

Bashing Christians now, are you?

Levite

Higher and Higher

Peace.

Actually, the Christ of Christianity is a substantially different messiah concept than the mashiach of Judaism. There is really no reason to restrict the paradigm of messianism to only Jews and Christians.

Unless, of course, you want to specifically paint Jews as antichrists, and not others.

4consideration

Premium Member
Well I wasn't trying to bash them...I was just stating a view of how Christians have historically behaved with racism, sexism, colonialism, etc.

Peace.

Oh! I thought you were trying to get Christians to argue with Jews and Jews to argue with Christians. My bad.

Last edited:

CMike

Peace.
Not really.

Mashaich means annointed one. And the Jewish Messiah will not have any divine power. He will just be a mortal human being.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I thought I had a monopoly on stupid, brain dead threads. Glad to see it's broken.