• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Wendy's have any advantages over McDonald's?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Wendy's has better commercials, but nobody can touch Jack in the Box.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I completely agree. Frosties and baked potatos. What's not to love?

In college, Wendy's was my special little splurge every now and then. I would get a jr bacon cheeseburger, a baked potato, and a side salad or a frostie, depending on my mood. It was a feast, and (at the time) only cost $3.15. Alas, prices have went up since those golden years.

When was this, 1974? Good Lord, $3.15!

I have eaten at both "restaurants" and if bound hands and feet, then poked with a hot iron, forced to chose, it would be Wendy's. The food's not any better but there's more ambiance.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I do like McDonalds breakfast sandwiches, which Wendys doesn't have. I think both of their fries are disgusting. Wendys burgers do taste better, IMO, but they are so expensive that I haven't ate there in a long time. As for everything else from McDonalds, I think dog vomit may taste better.
But fast food for me is usually Hardees because I get a free small fry and drink with my student discount, although typically I opt out of the fries and they give me a bigger drink (which their smalls are big enough). Or Subway, because they have too many options and choices to get bored with and none of it being fried is a big plus. Or Arbys, as I love their roast beef sandwiches, and I know they waste food that is past holding time (at least the one I go to does, which is the one I used to work for).
I don't even eat where I work because the food is never fresh, and unless it's so old that it's starting to look very bad (such as the sausages looking like it is wrapped in toad skin) the managers do not want it wasted. And even then they have no problems serving hamburger patties that have been sitting for over two hours. It shames me to work for such a place, because not even McDonalds had such a blatant disregard for holding times.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The thing is that I prefer Wendy's burgers and I like their new fries. I can't eat McDonald's anymore because afterward, I always get sick to my stomach. I like BK alright, with their grilled burgers, but I hate their french fries, so I never eat there. So Wendy's it is always be. :)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
When was this, 1974? Good Lord, $3.15!

Haha, I feel ancient and worldly at 26 with a comment like that. This was sometime between 2004 and 2008. Each item could be found on the dollar menu, so 3 items equals 3 dollars. Tax was 5 cents for each item.