• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Your Religion Require You to View Skeptics of It as Evil?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
No they do not.
"They" are an open, fun loving group, who are accepting of all who are fun loving and open minded.
Most are not ego-centric nor paranoid about religion.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
At the core of my religion is a philosophy of live and let live. I can find it hard not to categorize people who criticize, condemn, or reject this philosophy of live and let live as bad, immoral, or evil.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you think your religion requires and/or encourages you to view people who criticize, condemn, or reject it as bad, immoral, or evil? Why or why not?

No, because there is no compulsion in religion.

Jumi

If "religion" was all accepting and everyone could be who they are and worship whatever gods or no gods then we could say there is no compulsion.

Baladas

An Págánach
No, there is nothing wrong with intellectual honesty. In fact, there is everything right with it.

Sultan Of Swing

Do you think your religion requires and/or encourages you to view people who criticize, condemn, or reject it as bad, immoral, or evil? Why or why not?
In Christianity, all have sinned and fallen short. I do not see a skeptic as particularly immoral compared to another non-believer, or any person for that matter. Being skeptical isn't something to be denounced, though I would say being cynical is unhelpful. I know of people who have declared they don't believe in God simply because they were angry at Him for a perceived injustice in their life (I know this because when they came back to God, they admitted my suspicions were correct). It depends on the situation, really, they are different. Questioning and trying to rationally assess something isn't bad, it's when we start closing our minds and blind ourselves, out of anger, or perhaps out of love for our own ways and sinfulness.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Depends on the way they criticize and condemn...then they might be a little bad :)

Rejection doesn't matter at all.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
For me, that's actually a tricky question. I practice ancestral worship and learn from passed relatives. My relatives are very strict Southern Baptist and they view people who are not of their faith pretty harshly. "No pearls among swine." I try to learn from the positive aspects of their faith--thus who they are. I don't mimic their negative feelings against other faiths. The closest I'd get to criticize is say "that doesn't make sense." Other than that, I try to understand other beliefs or leave it alone.