• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Your Spouse Share Your Beliefs?

Does your SO Have the same beliefs as yourself?

• Yes, pretty much exactly the same

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Similar beliefs but not identical

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No, very different religious/philosophical beliefs

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Nope. He's an atheist (though, I prefer to call him an "apatheist" :)). Generally we don't discuss religion at all, and he doesn't get involved with my home spirituality or Circles. He doesn't mind that I decorate the house like a crazy Pagan though, and that's good.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
He doesn't like to think about gods or religions at all (he's not fascinated by them like I am) so he doesn't see the point in identifying himself as someone who does not believe in any gods
Oh, but does he say, "Why would an atheist want to hang out on a religious forum?" :D

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
My wife is a Methodist, though not overly dogmatic. She believes in a personal God, but to her, God isn't going around having conversations. She knows of my beliefs but probably not the extent to which I have thought them through. We don't really take the time to discuss it that much. It just doesn't come up often in the distraction of day-to-day life.

Her theology is pretty well represented in the movie "Signs" in that she reads some kind plan into all those events I dismiss as coincidental. She is also a firm believer in Karma, and her life maxim is "What goes around comes around." She finds great comfort in the rituals of a Methodist service, whereas I feel rather out of place.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
I'm an atheist, and my wife also doesn't believe in a "supreme being" or "gods", and considers herself something of an agnostic.

While it may sound like she and I are similar in our views, we actually are not. I don't believe in life after death, disembodied spirits, psychic powers, and the like. She does. It's definitely a difference.

But it hasn't caused any troubles between us. We respect each other's right to form our own judgment on these matters.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
Me and my husband are very different in belifes. I'm Pagan and he's well...not interested in religion, God, Gods or even discussing religion. He has his own thoughts which I've barely pried out of him as it's so personal for him.

I don't know I'll ever fully know what he thinks. I just get a glimps from time to time.