• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog, cat, or other? :)

Are you a dog person, a cat person, all of the above, or "other"?

I'm a dog person myself....my family has two very old golden retrievers. They're sisters and we've had them since I was 7 years old. They were just wittle puppies back then....awwww...... :D

The Black Whirlwind

I like birds, i have three noisy parakeets. But my dream is to get a Rottweiler, name him Vicious or Savage, and train him to sic people.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
I love my fancy rats, I had 21 of them at the one time I think, Lets see I had Billy and bubbles and they had 15 babies, then My daughter accidently put one of the males in with the 5 females and he caught one of them and she had 14 babies..of course most of them went to the pet store but now I have 8 left, two boys 6 girls..

Popeyesays

One dog, a little elderly, a mutt (mostly Australian sheepdog)
Two cats - one American Domestic Short Hair, named "Romeo" by my younger daughter named Juliet - the other a Manx who was brought home from 140 miles away by my daughter on a school trip bus. He was a stray living at the USS Batfish submarine museum in Muskogee, Oklahoma. He is named "Chex" because he has a real appetite for snack food - chex mix, potato chips, POPCORN (for crying out loud). It cost more than $200 to get him fixed, his screw worm larva removed and get his shots. But he's a charmer, and we like him anyway.

It is amusing to me to watch my daughter, Juliet, go up and down the street calling for "Romeo". The whole neighborhood finds it amusing.

Regards,
Scott

Aqualung

Tasty
Definitely dog. I hate cats. I have two dogs.
My first dog is a lab/malamute mix. He's seriously retarded. He'll bark at you if you have a mask on, and one time he barked at the curtains. If the smoke alarm goes off, he runs and hides in the bathroom. If you take his collar off, he starts pacing around, whining, and panting. He's just rediculous, but funny.
My second dog is a rottweiler/pittbull mix. I must say, I like this dog a lot better. he's really smart. He's not small, but he can seriously sqeeze through anything. We lock him in a cage when we leave, and he can pull clothes through those tiny holes and chew on them, and I have no idea how. He's really silly and has a great personality. I love him way more than the other dog, but I love them both a lot.

Ormiston

I'm a cat-guy, believe it or not. I actually hate pets all the way around. I just happen to hate dogs much much more.

Aqualung

Tasty
Popeyesays said:
He is named "Chex" because he has a real appetite for snack food - chex mix, potato chips, POPCORN (for crying out loud).
My cat really likes to eat saltines. One time I was sitting on the couch eating some saltines, and she jumped up onto my lap and started licking it. She alsmost licked the whole thing away. Weird. Maybe cats just like salt or something.

Kramer

I would say i'm a Cat AND Dog person. I do love cats a little more though. Especially mine. He's kind of a dog (follows me around and is always with me) but he still has the cat attitude.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Mr Spinkles said:
Are you a dog person, a cat person, all of the above, or "other"?

I'm a dog person myself....my family has two very old golden retrievers. They're sisters and we've had them since I was 7 years old. They were just wittle puppies back then....awwww...... :D
I'm an animal person. Period. I pretty much love anything with four legs. Right now I have a cat and two dogs (Collies). I can hardly remember a time in my life when I haven't had dogs, cats, along with an occasional bird. I can't imagine life without my pets. They are so awesome!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Well said, Katzpur!

I love both cats and dogs! My beloved ferret, Frannie, is around 10 now, and I've also had a number of hampsters that have touched my soul. I have two indoor cats, although outside there are at least six barn cats. (The father was tame enough for me to nab, to take into the animal shelter, which I was sad to do, but I know he'll be safer, there. The poor thing kept getting beaten up due to being ruled by his hormones.) I'm really worried about the mother and her kittens, which make up the six cats. The farmer/ landlord has okayed it for me to take the mom into get neutered (apparently, this is around her 4th litter) and he'll pay for it, but the kittens would be up to us. I'm kind of scared that they would get put to sleep if I took them in, though, but I'm not able to get them neutered at this time, and I worry about them, since keeping on feeding them if I'm not sure I can continue to afford it is kind of cruel.

Someday, I kind of hope to get a pug. Normally, I don't care whether a dog is of a certain breed or not, but there's something about them that I adore.

Zephyr

Moved on
I just like animals. I have a cat, Fuzzball, who is defective. Her tail is zigzaggy and she was abandoned and never learned how to be a cat. As a result, she likes to swim and grew up learning how to be a human.

My cousin has a great dane named Yogi. He's really nice and fun, but is possibly the stupidest animal I have ever seen. At night he'll headbutt walls, fall over, and do it again. He also likes Funyuns :D .

Zephyr

Moved on
mr.guy said:
He doesn't sound smarter than the av-er-age bear.
Maybe so, but he can detect all bags of chips in a mile radius.

My cousin also has a cat named Booboo. He never got the joke.

Ardent Listener

We have a dog name Misty. I grew up with both cats and dogs. Dogs, in general, seem to be part of the family more so than cats. But I'll always remember growing up with our cat, "Old Nasty". He put up with a lot from us three boys but never held a grudge.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
I have four cats. I used to have a snake and a dog. Both died. :( So now I just have four cats. But I'm an animal person; I like them better than people. People smell better, but they tend to do things like talk and form governments, which annoy me. Animals don't talk and they don't form organizations. Wise little creatures they are! Of course, some of them eat their own poop... but, I guess it evens out in the end.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I have only one cat: Ratcat. She suffers from a bipolar disorder of some sort.

Attachments

• Rat.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 32

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Darkdale said:
I'm an animal person; I like them better than people.
With the exception of a handful of people, so do I. And I'm entirely serious about that.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd have to say I'm more a cat person than dog person. Dogs are just so obsequious. Cats are more like small furry people.

I trap, spay/neuter, and rehome stray cats, so I always have six or eight around. They're very cute, cuddly and amusing, but can be holy terrors when confined in the house. I come home every day in the sure and certain knowledge that I'll have some sort of mess or destruction to contend with.