• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog gone good time?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I dunno about 'claown' car, it does not say other than station wagon...
however, this is from the article:
"The car was soaked with urine and covered in feces. The ammonia level in the vehicle was 23 parts per million even after the doors had been opened for several minutes. As a frame of reference, humans start experiencing health issues at 12 parts per million," Courtney Stevens, SPCA of Texas rescue and investigations supervisor, said in a news release.​

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Im glad they took control.For the human and the canines.Sounds like another case of animal hoarding.

I was in a house like that one time.(actually where I adopted 2 of my cats..including Apple the one I named myself after here)..

The thickness in the air of amonia made your eyes water."Coincidentally" she had a young teenage son that was "sick in the bed with bronchitus".

Anyway..I'm glad this woman was discovered.And I wish her and all the little doggies well and for a better life.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Someone measured ammonia levels?

I think its a simple technique.They probably measured it because of the overwhelming stench I would imagine.It would help convince a judge that the animals should not be returned to her.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
If its a "hoarder" its a form of mental illness.There is a lot of denial involved.

Love

Dallas
It's hard to believe that people do these kinds of stupid things. With those conditions how could she or the animals remain in good health? I'm so glad they were discovered now they have a chance at finding a good home with the care they deserve.....

A

angellous_evangellous

I imagine they will have to put down those dogs.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I imagine they will have to put down those dogs.

Not always. On animal planet, you can watch Animal cops, which follow SPCA officers on their beat. A lot of the problems they find are these animal hoarders, and it's heart breaking. A lot of times it's a little old lady whose cats just got waaaaay out of hand. Sometimes, if possible, they let the people keep one or two of their favorites. They then try to rehabilitate as many of the animals as possible.

Obviously, some are too feral or too disease-ridden to be adopted, and they must be put down, but these dogs may have a fighting chance.