• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dome of the Rock

.lava

Veteran Member
I think this.

:D yea you do but you also made it very difficult for me to read, you know that?

when it is about proofs, i am on my own, just like yourself. i am not really interesting in proving stuff to people.

if Enoch is translated as Adris, then i might know him. becasue one of the people i told about (the one who went heaven and wanted to stay there) is named Idris.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
no, it is about translating. i am unsure if it is possible. if he, as a person, truly existed and recorded in history then he exist in our culture too. for example that Islamic character, one never changing commander of unseen army, immortal man, exist in Greek myths as a God. this is a bit confusing but i find it very interesting :) i am definetely not an expert on this subject but from time to time, i listen to people who knows about this stuff. history is being told differently in different regions but they coincide. for example, to me, knowing that Noah (PBUH) lived during time of Atlantis meant more than i could imagine. well, i love stories :)

Atlantis is not even mentioned anywhere untill Plato made it up in one of his best selling "fiction" books. which was an allagory to what could happen if the polytheist abandoned their god's for humanity and reality. it was their religion what else can i say.:) Or is it... :D

Luminous

non-existential luminary
:D yea you do but you also made it very difficult for me to read, you know that?

when it is about proofs, i am on my own, just like yourself. i am not really interesting in proving stuff to people.

if Enoch is translated as Adris, then i might know him. becasue one of the people i told about (the one who went heaven and wanted to stay there) is named Idris.

and my Cousin is named Jesus :D. Maybe Idris is they same mythological man as Adris, who knows?

.lava

Veteran Member
Atlantis is not even mentioned anywhere untill Plato made it up in one of his best selling "fiction" books. which was an allagory to what could happen if the polytheist abandoned their god's for humanity and reality. it was their religion what else can i say.:) Or is it... :D

i live on the other side of the world. i did not learn Mu & Atlantis from fiction books. love me the way i am, will you?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

Yes technically I should have translated it to Idris using the Latin alphabet. the word starts with Aliph but with a mark for the 'I' vowel.
So it should be read 'Idris'. and running a search on 'Idris Enoch' does bring up some interesting results.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
i live on the other side of the world. i did not learn Mu & Atlantis from fiction books. love me the way i am, will you?

Oddly enough. I do love you and hope that you may have the best. :)
If you want to know the stories then do. but please don't take them as unquestionable truths.
In the story, Atlantis sunk because its people were Atheists/Secular and the gods wanted to punish them for not worshipping and thanking the invisible gods.
Sorry, off topic. Good bye. i have nothing left to say on Muhammad's suposed ascention/mythical creature ride.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes, but you do have Cappadocia...

do i? ha ha OK, i'll take that as a compliment. Capadocia is one of the strangest places i'd ever been. amazing and thank God, very well protected area. so how does Capadocia related to Idris?

gnostic

The Lost One
.lava said:
this is a bit confusing but i find it very interesting
smile.gif
i am definetely not an expert on this subject but from time to time, i listen to people who knows about this stuff. history is being told differently in different regions but they coincide. for example, to me, knowing that Noah (PBUH) lived during time of Atlantis meant more than i could imagine. well, i love stories
smile.gif

Well, that how I view all the religious texts and traditions, as myths or stories. It is the only way I can accept them. And I love stories too.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
do i? ha ha OK, i'll take that as a compliment. Capadocia is one of the strangest places i'd ever been. amazing and thank God, very well protected area. so how does Capadocia related to Idris?

Oh I was commenting on your lack of relation to Atlantis and Mu :cool:
Anatolia was a home to some fascinating ancient civilizations and cultures, and Cappadocia is a strange place with an interesting history.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
And my Cappadocia joke comes from a modern trend to apply to Cappadocia the UFO phenomena..

gnostic

The Lost One
.lava said:
do you like them?

It is the only way I can accept them. And I love stories too. Particularly mythology.

I have a website called Timeless Myths. And another site called Dark Mirrors of Heaven.

Mythology is something that I enjoy reading, but it doesn't mean that I believe whatever I read.

For example, I enjoy reading sci-fi fantasy, but it doesn't mean that I believe what I read. For me, reading is entertainment. Mythology can be very entertaining.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
It is the only way I can accept them. And I love stories too. Particularly mythology.

I have a website called Timeless Myths. And another site called Dark Mirrors of Heaven.

OK, then let me give you some information we have...i am just passing it :) it is not really my central subject.

name Idris (he is a Prophet) is known as origin of name Osiris, Usiris, known as builder of Pyramids. in ancient Greek, he is known as Hermes. Idris (PBUH) was 'taken' to skies to be given science of skies and astrology. his name is based on letters DRS, in Arabic all the names about learning and school are also based on same root such as Medrese, ders, müderris...etc.

interesting stuff.