• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don’t talk about the Donald!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm part of no tribe.
Now THAT sounds emo. Just your fluency in our language begs to differ. Being a Satanist itself shows how deeply embedded you are into the Christian American "tribe." Even your avatar displays "tribal" identity.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Now THAT sounds emo. Just your fluency in our language begs to differ. Being a Satanist itself shows how deeply embedded you are into the Christian American "tribe." Even your avatar displays "tribal" identity.

What if I just think the avatar looks cool? :D I really hadn't given it much more thought than that.

See, everywhere you see identity I just see a set of preferences. (Exception to the obvious: biological sex, country of origin, race (whatever that actually means, since all humans are DNA related), etc..) You attack how I speak because I refuse to see the world in your terms, that's fine, but it's not about anything else. If I use words to differentiate between people, it's simply out of linguistic convenience. English, as a language, has some limitations after all.

I'm not sure how keen those Christians would be for you to lump me in with them though, lol. Theistic Satanism is too complicated for this thread to address, but it doesn't inherit anything but a couple of convenient names from the Jews and Christians. I fail to see the correlation, unless you actually believe in that Christian Duo-Theism (aka Reverse Christianity) garbage that certain un-knowledgeable individuals believe exists. :D It's more likely that a real TS is either a neo-pagan, some amalgamation of LaVey Satanism with a theistic bent, or something along those lines. What you said here is: "If you follow Moloch you're a Christian, because Moloch is in The Bible." It's just absurd...

tytlyf

Not Religious
What if I just think the avatar looks cool? :D I really hadn't given it much more thought than that.

See, everywhere you see identity I just see a set of preferences. (Exception to the obvious: biological sex, country of origin, race (whatever that actually means, since all humans are DNA related), etc..) You attack how I speak because I refuse to see the world in your terms, that's fine, but it's not about anything else. If I use words to differentiate between people, it's simply out of linguistic convenience. English, as a language, has some limitations after all.

I'm not sure how keen those Christians would be for you to lump me in with them though, lol. Theistic Satanism is too complicated for this thread to address, but it doesn't inherit anything but a couple of convenient names from the Jews and Christians. I fail to see the correlation, unless you actually believe in that Christian Duo-Theism (aka Reverse Christianity) garbage that certain un-knowledgeable individuals believe exists. :D It's more likely that a real TS is either a neo-pagan, some amalgamation of LaVey Satanism with a theistic bent, or something along those lines. What you said here is: "If you follow Moloch you're a Christian, because Moloch is in The Bible." It's just absurd...
What state do you live in?

Shadow Wolf

What identities are (besides like, where you were born) are subject to modification
And many of those identities that people are fighting for and have fought for are things we are born with.
but it doesn't inherit anything but a couple of convenient names from the Jews and Christians.
Without the Judaeo-Christian beliefs there is no Satanism. We may still have a Westernized LHP, but the Satanic Bible would not be Satanic.
If I use words to differentiate between people, it's simply out of linguistic convenience.
We all do that because it's how our minds are wired to function. We are all also wired to be social animals and have our own groups that we belong to. It is literally unhealthy to have "no tribes" that you belong to. That is just a part of being human.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A little bit of background on that for anybody who wasn't aware: The God-Emperor is a reference to Warhammer 40k in which the Emperor is the figurehead of a totalitarian theocracy. Mix up some of the themes and imagery of Nazism, Stalinist communism, the inquisition and a hefty dose of 1984 and you're on the right tracks. The whole thing was intended to be satirical and dystopian.

So regardless of how you feel about Trump, it's really weird to call him the God-Emperor as anything other than an insult (which is absolutely how some people intend it). I was pretty surprised to see some of his supporters doing it out of genuine admiration. I guess some people just don't get irony.

It's used by his most fervent supporters Rudy Giuliani says he does not care about his legacy because 'I'll be dead' and many other sites note this

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know, sometimes things are just as simple as they seem to be. I have a hunch that this is one of those times.

Why would someone oppose "talk about the Donald" with so much emotion?

More likely than not, because they feel vulnerable and have somehow found emotional sustenance in the idea that Trump is Worthy.

We should try and learn to accept those people as the vulnerable people that they are... but never submit to their wishes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I hope the Libby's never stop talking about Trump. Keep it emotional and properly whiny. Let the world see that. Doing a fantastic job.

Shadow Wolf

I hope the Libby's never stop talking about Trump. Keep it emotional and properly whiny. Let the world see that. Doing a fantastic job.
If Liberals are Libbys, then clearly Conservatives are Cons, and they fit the bill rather well.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Nothing locally changed (they vote nearly every Democrat in), so what did? Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out it was Trump.
I'm not a genius, so please tell me how Trump made everything better in your unnamed local.