• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump Reports He’s Getting Rich as President"

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
.The only reason you're crying is because he owns the place.
Uh, yeah. That's the entire point. That's like saying "The only reason you don't like murder is because people get killed."

We don't like the conflict of interest because it's a conflict of interest. If Trump didn't own the place, then it wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

UpperLimits

Uh, yeah. That's the entire point. That's like saying "The only reason you don't like murder is because people get killed."

We don't like the conflict of interest because it's a conflict of interest. If Trump didn't own the place, then it wouldn't be a conflict of interest.
Business is business. The services are being used and the expenses for those services need to be covered. And like I said before, unless he's either charging for his own round of golf, or inflating the prices, I don't see an issue.

So far, the only thing I see Trump being "guilty" of is bad optics. The left, however, seem to have a few more issues.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Business is business. The services are being used and the expenses for those services need to be covered. And like I said before, unless he's either charging for his own round of golf, or inflating the prices, I don't see an issue.

So far, the only thing I see Trump being "guilty" of is bad optics. The left, however, seem to have a few more issues.
Kickbacks are nothing more than "bad optics"?

If you really think that, I hope you never get elected to office or hold a position in public service.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Redundant. Trump already is insanely wealthy.

So he's definitely wealthy? Have you seen Trump's tax returns?

This whole topic is just silly. But it demonstrates the mentality of the left wing naysayers who will do anything at all, with no reservations whatsoever, in order to condemn Trump.

What's that? I can't hear your hypocritical welching over the sound of the Birther movement's activities over the last 8 years.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

You don't see an issue that Trump is funneling money directly to his businesses. o_O

By choosing to go to Mar-a-Lago, and as often as he did, he cost much more than if he went to a closer golf course, or Camp David, or stayed home-- like his predecessors did during a similar timeframe. He doesn't have to go to one of his resorts. Basically, by doing so, he can choose to give himself a paycheck just by deciding to take a nice weekend. That seems highly incentivizing.

And this is only half the problem. The other side of it is that people, including foreigners, can utilize his businesses to curry favor with him, personally.

Underhill

So someone donates to the Clintons charity, which doesn't directly benefit them, and the right throws a tantrum. Saudi Arabia, Russia and who knows who else are spending hundreds of thousands at Trump properties, benefiting his bottom line directly, and republicans write that off as no big deal.

If you cannot see the absurdity of the situation then you must be a republican.