• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dystopia on the Horizon?

F1fan

Veteran Member
There is very little news on FOX News. I do not know what it is like now, but it used to be pretty decent. Shepard Smith was an excellent anchor. He would also regularly correct Shawn Hannity. I do not know what it was like after he and another decent anchor quit during the Trump years. Any name that you are familiar with from FOX is not almost surely not with their "News" part of their programming. Hannity, no. Ingraham no. Tucker Carlson, wait let me think about that . . . Hell No! None of them have news show. They are more on the commentary side.
I actually turned to FOX out of curiosity on the day that the Nashville school shooting happened and they were actually covering it. They seemed to be doing resvectable work, no punditry, no blaming liberals for it some how, no coverage of Breaking News on Hunter Biden's laptop. So they seem to have some sort of objectivity during daylight hours. I will watch moments of Hannity, Tucker, and Ingraham out of curiosity until I can't handle the lack of intergrity. We all know what they really think of Trump and their viewers. They exploit their viewers for a big paycheck.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The following, random sampling of issues may not tell it all but they tell a lot:
  1. Zero students in 23 Baltimore schools passed math test
  2. Supreme Court rules West Virginia transgender athletes can compete on female sports teams
  3. NY teacher manipulates 9yo into changing gender..no parental knowledge
  4. New Jersey the latest state to ban gas car sales.
  5. Former President Trump Has Been Indicted
This is only a sampling. We are advocating schools that don't teach life skills, but concentrate on just about every irrelevant issue. We have local legislators trying to solve worldwide problems. We have New York prosecutors letting street crime go out of control while budgeting millions to take down an elderly, largely disgraced former President. We have out-of-control schools graduating no one that can do reading, writing, 'rithmetic.
Now I can understand the need to not "mass incarcerate" part of our citizenry but who is going to support all these people in an anarchic system. We no longer value education and intact families.

Something has to give!
If it's coming, it's from people like you and the politicians you support who think being trams is a problem. The same Republicans who have been attacking education and reducing it's budget and teaching against science and psychology. The same Republicans who keep supporting the failed War on Drugs that lead to America's mass incarceration rate.
Amd if you don't want to go to jail don't break the law. It's about damn time a president is held responsible for his crimes.

Last edited:

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
The following, random sampling of issues may not tell it all but they tell a lot:
  1. Zero students in 23 Baltimore schools passed math test
  2. Supreme Court rules West Virginia transgender athletes can compete on female sports teams
  3. NY teacher manipulates 9yo into changing gender..no parental knowledge
  4. New Jersey the latest state to ban gas car sales.
  5. Former President Trump Has Been Indicted

If this is all it takes to create a "dystopia," then we've got to ask if what we've got is worth saving.

But don't ask me; back when I watched the Walking Dead (pre-Negan seasons), I was rooting for the zombies.

jbg

If this is all it takes to create a "dystopia," then we've got to ask if what we've got is worth saving.

But don't ask me; back when I watched the Walking Dead (pre-Negan seasons), I was rooting for the zombies.
I don't know what you mean. I think this concentration of fringe issues such as transgenderism and "climate change" is destroying us while we watch a good portion of the country go to hell.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I don't know what you mean. I think this concentration of fringe issues such as transgenderism and "climate change" is destroying us while we watch a good portion of the country go to hell.

Ain't nobody being destroyed today... Where'd you get that idea?

"A good portion of the country going to hell," is the sort of thing I would expect to hear from people who know nothing (or less) about the history of the country.

Anyone who thinks this is hell after centuries of political, economic, and social revolutions, booms and busts, societal upheavals, wars from both within and without, progress and pushback, etc., etc... clearly has not been paying attention and/or has a very low opinion about the resilience of American society.

It's been a lot worse in the past; it'll be a lot worse in the future. The world is doing what it's always doing: changing. Roll with it, or step aside