• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E.T.

King Phenomenon

Do you think there’s other life out there? If so, why? Personally, imo I know there’s no life out there. To me it’s so obvious. It would be cool, but I’m afraid that is reserved for Star Trek and Star Wars.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Do you think there’s other life out there? If so, why? Personally, imo I know there’s no life out there. To me it’s so obvious. It would be cool, but I’m afraid that is reserved for Star Trek and Star Wars.
Technological life on our level or above - unlikely.
Bacterial life on the other hand ...
We aren't even able to detect life on planets or moons in our solar system - or exclude the possibility. We are only now able to detect biomarkers in the atmospheres of exoplanets nearby, which transit before their sun.
Saying that there is no life out there is like going to the beach, taking up a handful of sand, let it flow through your fingers while looking, and declaring that there is no life on that beach.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Probably too early to say (with the limited tools we have and what we know of our own solar system), but given the life span of the universe, and of how little time relatively it has taken humans to rise as to where we are, I would think that there is intelligent life elsewhere, and certainly primitive lifeforms. Given that the universe is so huge, galaxies are so numerous, and planets seem to be just as numerous as the enormous number of stars in existence - even if not so many of these planets will support life. The odds are that many will do so though.

Nimos

Difficult to say.

I think there are other life forms, but the crucial question for me is whether it is intelligent or not. To me, that is the great unknown in regards to how likely that is to evolve and survive.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Yes i think there may be life out there.

Recent exoplanet discoveries indicate up to 70% of planets are in their suns habitable zone. If even 1% of these planets is capable of sustaining life there are billions of planets where life is a possibility.

If earth is the only planet in the universe that contains life the the universe is a huge waste of space.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think so. It's almost a givin as we are evidence ourselves that there is life in the universe.

It's a pity the distance is so great where even light moves at a snails pace.

Still i think It's a just a matter of when and not if that life will be discovered elsewhere.

Elliott

I use to think there was not only life on other planets, but humans that naturally evolved on other planets. I have since reconsidered my position in the last several months and have now considered that we may be some of the first sentient life-forms in the universe.

The universe is very young and the complexities involved... the precise details required for sentient life to evolve over time is far more complex than i realized initially.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
There is absolutely other life in the universe. Probably not technology advance life. But Life? Plants, animals, etc? Absolutely no doubts.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I believe in life on other worlds

No way of telling how common it is though

Out of all the places in our solar system it only exists on Earth

But then maybe our solar system is unusually unabundant in life

There is no way of telling, we will probably never know

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I'm almost completely certain there's some form of life out there. It could all be simplistic life forms and we could possibly be on the only space rock that has allowed for complex life. Could be we live in a vast dark forest and no one can reach or communicate with each other. Or ...... there could be someone or something out there we don't want to reach or get in contact with. They may would wipe us out simply because they would know if we advanced further we could be a threat. If they spot our AI maybe they would destroy us before we destroy ourselves and them too.

Eh, it's probably nothing but bacteria and maybe nothing more complex than water bears. It just seems to me there has to be life out there.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe that intelligent life exists on other planets, and I will explain why in this post and the provided links. I also think it's extremely arrogant to believe that humans are the only intelligent lifeform in the Milky Way, let alone in the vastness of outer space. Anyway, here's my personal opinion on the matter:

In my opinion, the fact that humans haven't yet figured out and mastered interstellar travel doesn't necessarily mean that extraterrestrials from deep space haven't. In fact, I think it's possible that humans are primitive in comparison to most, if not all, of them. I'm more inclined to believe this is true based on the two sightings I've had, as well as the other compelling evidence that I've seen over the years. To be quite honest, I wouldn't be surprised if first contact occurred during my lifetime. In my opinion, the reality of extraterrestrials from other planets existing and visiting our planet would be an earth-shattering experience for a lot of people. That's why I believe that top US officials have been progressively acclimating the American public to accepting some level of government disclosure on UFOs. I think a major disclosure of this magnitude would be emotionally devastating and petrifying to the vast majority of Americans. It would cause a massive, widespread panic and perhaps even an economic collapse. It could cause some people to take their lives or riot in the streets. I'm sure that an immediate disclosure of this magnitude would also cause a widespread crisis of faith for the vast majority of religious people, especially fundamentalist and evangelical Christians. I think that a shocking revelation that extraterrestrials really exist would turn Christianity on its head.

Given the risk of causing economic devastation and mass hysteria, I believe that leading government officials are wise to release minimal quantities of declassified information to the American public relating to their knowledge of UFOs and alien lifeforms. In my opinion, this is something to think about: the fact is that top U.S. government officials have spent decades persistently denying that UFOs (and aliens) are real and discrediting anyone who dared to testify otherwise. For example, the Roswell Incident took place between mid-June and early July 1947 (for more examples of other famous sightings, read this article). That was 77 years ago, and the government has spent the vast majority of these years persistently denying the existence of UFOs and aliens.

348128_3e15da936f01a756e86954dc815d0e10_thumb.jpg

346011_35aba0d1183309687538b54abafe33a8.jpg

In conclusion, I'd like to say that I believe there is compelling evidence for UFOs and extraterrestrial visitations available if people are willing to search for it and maintain an open mind. Of course, what I've stated in this post and in prior posts (linked below) is solely my personal perspective on this topic.

Post 1: UFO's UAP's

Post 2: UFO's UAP's

Post 3: UFO's UAP's

Heyo

Veteran Member
Given the risk of causing economic devastation and mass hysteria, I believe that leading government officials are wise to release minimal quantities of declassified information to the American public relating to their knowledge of UFOs and alien lifeforms. In my opinion, this is something to think about: the fact is that top U.S. government officials have spent decades persistently denying that UFOs (and aliens) are real and discrediting anyone who dared to testify otherwise. For example, the Roswell Incident took place between mid-June and early July 1947 (for more examples of other famous sightings, read this article). That was 77 years ago, and the government has spent the vast majority of these years persistently denying the existence of UFOs and aliens.
Why is it that people who strongly believe in UFOs without being in panic, also believe that others would panic when they knew about UFOs?
Do you know how the majority would act, if Alien were in the news? - "Meh." and "Cool story, bro."
There will be a few professional paranoics in the military and agencies who'd demand more money for more weapons and a few entrepreneurs who want to sell them stuff, but else, :shrug:.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I use to think there was not only life on other planets, but humans that naturally evolved on other planets. I have since reconsidered my position in the last several months and have now considered that we may be some of the first sentient life-forms in the universe.

The universe is very young and the complexities involved... the precise details required for sentient life to evolve over time is far more complex than i realized initially.
You think that 13.8 billion years - as generally accepted by scientists dealing with this issue - is young? :oops:

Elliott

You think that 13.8 billion years - as generally accepted by scientists dealing with this issue - is young? :oops:
Given the projected lifespan of the universe is hundreds of billions of years (last i checked), yes. From our perspective this is very old. But if the universe is going to live for many billions of years, then for the universe itself, 13 billion years is very young.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given the projected lifespan of the universe is hundreds of billions of years (last i checked), yes. From our perspective this is very old. But if the universe is going to live for many billions of years, then for the universe itself, 13 billion years is very young.
Well that is fair enough.

Heyo

Veteran Member
First billion year, initially no atoms, then no molecules, then the "Dark Age" and only after a billion year re-ionization and forming of 3rd generation stars.
Next 3 to 4 billion years, no heavy elements.
First 1st generation stars only 8 billion years ago, still very low metallicity.
Somewhere between 6 and 4.5 billion years ago, first solar system with a metallicity necessary for life as we know it.

It is entirely possible that the universe wasn't ready for life 6, 5.5 or 5 billion years ago.
Relative to that, the universe is young.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If I was a betting man, I'd bet on yes. I don't expect that the Earth is so unusual as to be unique in the cosmos.