• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E.T.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I read somewhere that life could only arise because of entropy, and conversely increasing entropy will cause the demise of life. This applies to the whole universe.

Suitable planets will in all probability give rise to life at roughly the same point in the universes development. And that life will end in the future as entropy increases.

I'm trying to find the paper, if i do I'll post it

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
First billion year, initially no atoms, then no molecules, then the "Dark Age" and only after a billion year re-ionization and forming of 3rd generation stars.
Next 3 to 4 billion years, no heavy elements.
First 1st generation stars only 8 billion years ago, still very low metallicity.
Somewhere between 6 and 4.5 billion years ago, first solar system with a metallicity necessary for life as we know it.

It is entirely possible that the universe wasn't ready for life 6, 5.5 or 5 billion years ago.
Relative to that, the universe is young.
I thought he was more a YEC supporter - in that meaning of being young. :oops: