• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election day: Do you turn to the left or turn to the right for help? Or do you turn up?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Isn't this special?

Anne Coulter said:
If only people with at least 4 grandparents born in America were voting, Trump would win in a 50-state landslide.

I am so happy we have lots and lots of immigrants.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As long as you stay in your basket, you're OK.
A recurring theme in my vehicles....
th

.....I've abandoned Mr Basket.
So guard the women, children, & small furry animals....I'm on the looseQ

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No -- just what you condone and your willingness to condone it.
Would it be fair to say you condone what Hillary has done & would portend as prez?

See what I did there?
My question illustrates whence hatred springs.
To presume that what you see in Trump is what I stand for....that's just wrong.
I'd never say you stand for corruption, war, & authoritarianism.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
See....my question illustrates whence hatred springs.
No ... your question illustrates the ethical and intellectual bankruptcy of sophomoric false equivalencies.

So, for example, I am strongly opposed to HRC's hawkish tendencies, but they pale in comparison to an ignorant xenophobe who denigrates our military leadership while embracing war crimes. Clinton's progressive left flank may well mitigate the former, but there is no cure for the latter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No ... your question illustrates the ethical and intellectual bankruptcy of sophomoric false equivalencies.
I am impressed that you would admit to such a thing.
So, for example, I am strongly opposed to HRC's hawkish tendencies, but they pale in comparison to an ignorant xenophobe who denigrates our military leadership while embracing war crimes. Clinton's progressive left flank may well mitigate the former, but there is no cure for the latter.
That is your judgement.
But I believe you're wrong.
So please spare me the over-confident 'progressive' sanctimony.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
To presume that what you see in Trump is what I stand for....that's just wrong.
Our biggest problem with Trump is his bigotry. I have a hard time justifying people who oppose bigotry ever voting for Trump. You either have to be a bigot, very comfortable with it or ignorant of just how bigoted he is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our biggest problem with Trump is his bigotry. I have a hard time justifying people who oppose bigotry ever voting for Trump. You either have to be a bigot, very comfortable with it or ignorant of just how bigoted he is.
Or I could have a better analysis of things than you do.
Too many Hillary voters simply refuse to hear the other side's
reasoning with an open mind, & instead just chant "Racist!".
Your approach is far too simplistic & party loyalty based for me.

Last edited: