• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electronic Hawankund - Yes or No?

Chetan_C

Hey guys,
I need help from your side. On this Diwali, I am thinking of keeping Satyanarayan Pooja in my house. Has anybody used electronic hawankund, one of friend suggested me about it.
Your ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No big advantage. I would prefer a terracotta havan kund. One has to use wood chips. As for lighting the fire, a few spoons of ghee would do. If terracotta havan kunds are available, you might go for them, instead of searching for bricks. However, for the orthodox, I think it has to be bricks. :)

Chetan_C

No big advantage. I would prefer a terracotta havan kund. One has to use wood chips. As for lighting the fire, a few spoons of ghee would do. If terracotta havan kunds are available, you might go for them, instead of searching for bricks. However, for the orthodox, I think it has to be bricks. :)

Hey Aupmanyav,
Thanks for you reply. I was unaware of this terracotta havankund.

Chetan_C

Hey Aupmanyav, I search about terracotta havan kund. It is really very good product. But, I heard about electronic hawankund that it comes in two models that is a basic model and high end model. the high end model is remote operated and available with USB and SD card slots. It also have auto thermo cut off to avoid any accident which is its main advantage. Now, I am little bit confused about which type of hawankund should I prefer? Both are good.

poojac91

I will either go for terracotta or traditional one that is made up of brick to get the feel of real environment and atmosphere of Havan and pooja. Thanks.

Chetan_C

Thank you pooja for your reply. We had used traditional hawankund for vastu pooja last year. You are absolutely right, Traditional havankund gives the feel of real environment and atmosphere of Havan and Pooja. But this time on Diwali, we all family members are bit busy and don't have time to roam all around in search of all pooja items, so I am planning to do pooja with the help of an electronic product which comes along with all Pooja samagris, so there is no need of roaming for all these samagris.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Get the havan kund and wood shavings, you can get the pooja samagri from a thousand sites. That is no big deal.