• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elohim - God or Extraterrestrial Creators?

I'm sure "non-intelligent" life is quite common, but the jury is still out on intelligent life such as ourselves, regardless of conspiracy theories.

The 'jury' has had the evidence handed to them, signed and delivered, and in any court in any land would grant a hearing based on such 'evidence' and proof, the issue is how much more evidence needs to be submitted before a fair hearing? I just am concerned that the proof is too easily explained away as something other than the obvious, which what is really going on, and that the Et explanation is side lined because obviously, it is amazing and unbelievable concerning life elsewhere. It is only my concern that we have our heads in the sand, to be cynically or irrationally sceptical is maybe a step too far ...

My only advise is to percieve not to believe.

Thank you though, I appreciate your posts.

Popeyesays

I was turned off by the fact that the web site you noted seems to want money much more than it wants to impart knowledge.

Regards,
Scott

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Hi there gnostic, thanks for your reply! I haven't read the Bible in awhile, it was Ezekiel and not Elijah, but I didn't know he was taken to heaven on a charriot, that is interesting.

Well some one started a thread sometime last year. I listed a whole bunch of biblical verses that seem to hint at alien involvement or technology. The Sumerian tablets are interesting and I think they are the precursor to the bible.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/57008-anybody-what-do-you-think-about-2.html

logician

The 'jury' has had the evidence handed to them, signed and delivered, and in any court in any land would grant a hearing based on such 'evidence' and proof, the issue is how much more evidence needs to be submitted before a fair hearing? I just am concerned that the proof is too easily explained away as something other than the obvious, which what is really going on, and that the Et explanation is side lined because obviously, it is amazing and unbelievable concerning life elsewhere. It is only my concern that we have our heads in the sand, to be cynically or irrationally sceptical is maybe a step too far ...

My only advise is to percieve not to believe.

Thank you though, I appreciate your posts.

Proving your claim I think will be quite difficult.

I was turned off by the fact that the web site you noted seems to want money much more than it wants to impart knowledge.
Regards,
Scott

They're a non profit making site basically, they're main aim through the disclosure project is to bring about an official disclosure of evidence, not to make money, the money they want to raise are any donations people wish to give in the attempts to put together a scientific team, they have raised half of what they need, to invest time and money into creating the free energy technology which Nicola Tessla first invented in the last century. Certainly it isn't money they are after for itself, the founder and director of the project gave up a 300 thousand a year position to invest his time for free in putting together these projects. All the members of this project, and who run the site etc, work for free, and are interested primarily in the cause of disclosure of Ets, and also, evidently as with charities, raising the money to effectively end third world poverty and the relience in the Western World on fossil fuels which is draining the economy and causing massive problems, which are already beginning to loom.

Thank you for checking out the site though, it is appreciated, and I hope you return to it with a more open minded view point.

Well some one started a thread sometime last year. I listed a whole bunch of biblical verses that seem to hint at alien involvement or technology. The Sumerian tablets are interesting and I think they are the precursor to the bible.

That sounds really interesting, as I said I haven't read the Bible in awhile (maybe I should read more lol) so I will look at this thread with great interest. Thank you for pointing this out to me, it is very helpful and appreciated.

Proving your claim I think will be quite difficult.

Thank you for your posts logician, I appreciate it, I will try to keep this brief, but I never seem to lol!

If 500 ex military, governmental, scientific, corporate and intelligence personel with either high rank or in important positions who can prove with corroboratory and verifiable evidence such as offical transcripts, radar tapes and other official documentation who they are and what they have experienced isn't proof then I don't know what is. As we are dealing with lights in the sky and not a dead alien on a table, or a piece of a flying saucer in a labratory, we need to look elsewhere to proving an Et reality. It's the denial of evidence which is the problem. On a recent poll from America concerning if the American public thought the US Government was not being honest and truthful about their involvement with ufos, and the reality behind ufos etc, 70% think they are not, which is good that information and evidence is getting out there, it just takes time and effort. My claims are only what I have come to so far, and certainly if I heard alternate more rational explanations I would be the first to reasess them. Some people find it interesting, and are open minded, and regard evidence on its own merits and are not biased, although of course other people need more evidence to reassess their understandings of the world inwhich we live in, which is understandable, I think when more evidence comes out, eventually most people will realise the situation is real, and not a fantasy etc. Therefore it is not proving my claims to everyone which is the issue, it is conveying the evidence to sceptics and critics, and simply explaining the points, and showing the evidence - bear in mind, most people don't actually know much about the issues or much of the proof, which is constantly growing and being updated. I have no intention to prove anything to anyone though at the end of the day, people will believe what they want to believe, I simply find it interesting to ask questions, relay certain perspectives and theories, and question what is really going on, and if what I have found out personally through research, is the issue.

Thank you for your posts though, I appreciate your input.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Thank you for your comments Super Universe, I agree that the explanation of the Et reality is indeed one of interest, and certainly the evident possibility of being created by them is not missed by myself, it is intriguing and enlightening, and also spiritually rewarding.

Apathy is an understandable response to ufos, I asked my family and friends about ufos and no one was interested, my best friend said that he thought there was good reason to think we are not alone, he thought the evidence was good and admitted the Et hypothesis, but thought 'ufos - so what though'.

The relevance behind this issue is basically the technology. It is clear individuals and groups across the globe who are involved with the ufo subject are pushing for an official disclosure - the technological advancement a disclosure would bring about, and spiritual awareness and realisation across the planet, including benefits to science, religion and medicine would change our future dramatically, both on the indiviudal lives on the planet and the mass populous. It is clear that if black budget operations are withholding Et technology, these highly advanced propulsion systems and use of free energy would revolutionise the Third World, equalling up the balance of the rich and the poor - and this too in the modern world, where problems of poverty, crime and failing institutions etc also persist. If there was an offical disclosure is it not possible, and correct me if I'm wrong here I'm only concluding what I see as the situation, that technological freedom for nations in great poverty would lift the Third World out of the condition they are currently in, needless to say reverse global warming and generally educate man as to his origin, his future, and his place within a peaceful galactic community. If all this is not valuable, then fair enough, I guess I chose to think it is of worth, and atleast worth a look.

On the contrary, I have seen a plethora of ufo footage that is clear, in focus and evidently presents good images of actual craft, which are proven to not be faked or tampered with in any way. Of course, the majority of footage will always be 'grainy, out of focus ... shaky video' as the majority of people with camcorders are ordinary civilians who are amatuers with cameras.

I appreciate your comments, though I find it hard, although certainly interesting why you hold this stance to draw similarities between the Et evidence to 'the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot'. I would still like to hear your comments on the disclosure event of May 2001 at the National Press Club in Washington DC (disclosureproject.org), certainly if 500 ex military, governmental, intelligence, scientific and corporate individuals who had been in high powered positions within government etc and had top secret clearances, basically I would imagine quite reliable individuals coming forward and maintaining the existence of the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot or ghosts, then it would atleast be fair to say that we should atleast listen to them? But, no such evidence has occured with the phenomena of ghostly apparitions, a few photographs of the Loch Ness Monster and also a very small amount of footage of alleged Big Foot creatures in comparison to the mass of footage of ufos, and also the fact that 500 individuals of reliable tenancy have come forward with what I assume a sceptic would see as wild and amazing claims, with proof to back it up - these individuals who range from Generals and Admirals to Staff Sergeants and Radar Operatives, not of course some guy on a fishing boat who allegedly snapped a picture of an obscure object in a lake, or a so called figure on a stair case people claim without proof is a ghost etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just saying what I see rationally and without prejudice.

I do find it interesting the current perceptions of ufos as 'there is no evidence' certainly I personally am open minded as to the sceptical or critical point of view, yet I find it very difficult to accept that reliable proven documentation and reliable witness testimony among evidence of radar tapes, official transcripts etc would be seen as unreliable to prove the existence of Ets. The danger I'm worried about is being in a state of denial of the evidence, that is the risk I am concerned about when I hear remarks such as 'there is no evidence', but surely there is more corroboratory and verifiable evidence and interest and relevance aswell to the ufo issue?

We were not created by aliens. Only God creates. Other beings mix and match things together, that's it. We use the word create when the more applicable word is form or fabricate.

The basic cause of human inability to accept that the universe is full of life is because we are extremely selfish. We were designed that way on purpose to provide a life experience that provides as much free will as possible. Think of a video game, do you want to play the one where you can choose to do a few things or the one where you have a wide variety of choices?

If the government revealed the presence of aliens on the planet I would not expect to see any benefits to science, medicine, or other. The government is already exposed to the alien equipment and there is somewhat of a delayed trickle down effect (eye contacts just might be one). As far as the propulsion and energy systems go, they are so far advanced that you can't reverse engineer them. Humans need to figure out String Theory before you can even begin to theorize how they work.

Global warming is not going to be reversed. The earth is changing, humans are not the main cause of it, this change has been scheduled since the beginning and nothing will stop it.

I believe that if the government revealed the presence of aliens the main effect would be panic and paranoia among many then a calming and general acceptance of the fact that the universe isn't all about us. We are just one small part of a giant whole, like a proton circling a nucleus in a hydrogen atom.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Some like to claim that if other intelligent civilizations exist in the universe then SETI should have uncovered a signal by now but this is overwhelmingly improbable.

All energy is a wavelength of what we call EMR, electromagnetic radiation. It spreads as it moves outward from it's source. This is why a giant sun appears as a pin point in the night sky, now think, how much energy does a giant sun produce? Any civilization that would want to produce a signal receivable by other systems would have to produce an equal amount of energy.

It's just not going to happen.

Popeyesays

They're a non profit making site basically, they're main aim through the disclosure project is to bring about an official disclosure of evidence, not to make money, the money they want to raise are any donations people wish to give in the attempts to put together a scientific team, they have raised half of what they need, to invest time and money into creating the free energy technology which Nicola Tessla first invented in the last century. Certainly it isn't money they are after for itself, the founder and director of the project gave up a 300 thousand a year position to invest his time for free in putting together these projects. All the members of this project, and who run the site etc, work for free, and are interested primarily in the cause of disclosure of Ets, and also, evidently as with charities, raising the money to effectively end third world poverty and the relience in the Western World on fossil fuels which is draining the economy and causing massive problems, which are already beginning to loom..

One cannot access any of their "testimony" unless one pays five bucks. One cannot see more than 15 minutes of the press conference without paying for it.

That's not asking for donations, but they do that too. How much does it cost to put up a website? a few hundred a year max.

Regards,
Scott

One cannot access any of their "testimony" unless one pays five bucks. One cannot see more than 15 minutes of the press conference without paying for it.

That's not asking for donations, but they do that too. How much does it cost to put up a website? a few hundred a year max.

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it.

You can actually watch the press conference for free on the 'download or watch the press conference here' on the link provided on the main page after the short blurb about the projects aims - they are obviously trying to raise money, but they are not making it difficult to view the essential footage of May 2001. Evidently, they are trying to raise money aswell as awareness, and if you wish to see more footage, interviews, witness testimony, then a small fee is required, which you will find is standard among many sites with before unseen footage, which is only available through the purchase of their dvd. This includes the transcipts of the full testimony from the project.

Thank you.

We were not created by aliens. Only God creates. Other beings mix and match things together, that's it. We use the word create when the more applicable word is form or fabricate.

The basic cause of human inability to accept that the universe is full of life is because we are extremely selfish. We were designed that way on purpose to provide a life experience that provides as much free will as possible. Think of a video game, do you want to play the one where you can choose to do a few things or the one where you have a wide variety of choices?

I find this subjective.

Super Universe1147801 said:
If the government revealed the presence of aliens on the planet I would not expect to see any benefits to science, medicine, or other. The government is already exposed to the alien equipment and there is somewhat of a delayed trickle down effect (eye contacts just might be one). As far as the propulsion and energy systems go, they are so far advanced that you can't reverse engineer them. Humans need to figure out String Theory before you can even begin to theorize how they work.

The testimony of reliable reports and supporting documentation supports the evidence that there are indeed mistakenly reported Et craft such as ARV's (Alien Reproduction Craft) which the military industrial sector including corporate agencies have back engineered Et technology successfully. Their achievements would be seen as science fiction by the current methods of science. The benefits with this technology, which has already been utilised, would no doubt go beyond theory of improving world conditions, to actually raising technological conditions on a world wide scale.

Super Universe1147801 said:
Global warming is not going to be reversed. The earth is changing, humans are not the main cause of it, this change has been scheduled since the beginning and nothing will stop it.

Orthodox science has generally agreed that humankind is not helping the global warming situation, and is infact contributing to the environmental crisis, which is generally accepted by science, although as you say 'the earth is changing' such as cooling and warming throughout centuries before us and will likely do so in the same way in the future, it is clear to the majority of scientists that the destruction of the ozone layer due to toxic polution needs to be addressed.

Super Universe1147901 said:
I believe that if the government revealed the presence of aliens the main effect would be panic and paranoia among many then a calming and general acceptance of the fact that the universe isn't all about us. We are just one small part of a giant whole, like a proton circling a nucleus in a hydrogen atom.

It is estimated that half of the world population already accept or believe the ideology that we are not alone in the universe, even if this is over estimated, it indicates there has been a wide acceptance of the Et issue, and due to more public awareness of the Et subject through films, documentaries and books etc, it is clear we are beyond the stage of what happened in the 1950's with the Orson Welles radio show 'War of the Worlds' which did cause 'panic and paranoia'.

Thank you very much for your comments Super Universe, very interesting and enlightening, and I thank you, it is appreciated.

gnostic:

I've found the chapter on Ezekiel it is on page 460 in my Bible and is Chapter/Verse 1:1-3;27; 'As I looked, I saw a great storm coming toward me from the north, driving before it a huge cloud that flashed with lightning and shone with brilliant light ... '

I hope you are able to find it ok, if you don't here's a quick summerary of the experience which is described as a 'vision'.

1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth [month], in the fifth [day] of the month, as I [was] among the captives by the river of Chebar, [that] the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.

1:2 In the fifth [day] of the month, which [was] the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity,
1:3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
1:5 Also out of the midst thereof [came] the likeness of four living creatures. And this [was] their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
1:8 And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
1:9 Their wings [were] joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
1:11 Thus [were] their faces: and their wings [were] stretched upward; two [wings] of every one [were] joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
1:12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; [and] they turned not when they went.
1:13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance [was] like burning coals of fire, [and] like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.
Interesting stuff eh, if that happened today it would certainly be understood differently. BTW I'm sorry to have gone on about alien abductions to you, that was a mistake on my part - its just as soon as I hear the words abduction and alien it worries me.

Thanks again gnostic, and if you want to post anything you want to convey in your own opinion about Ezekiel or the Elohim, then I'd be interested in hearing it!

I've kind of been doing most of the talking on this forum so far, which I didn't mean to, it would be good if someone else could take over, and I certainly only meant to gently persuade 'is any of this true?' rather than conveying 'surely it is true' which is another mistake on my part, but I hope any of you reading have found this thread interesting.

So, is any of Ezekiel's experiences possibly real, and something which many witnessess also experience today and are called contactees, are these people experienceing the same thing? If Ezekiel was on drugs in the experience, why would he go onto preach to many peoples in Isreal etc about the coming of the Lord? Did he not know he had been on drugs, and being righteous about a vision on drugs isn't exactly divine.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
gnostic:

I've found the chapter on Ezekiel it is on page 460 in my Bible and is Chapter/Verse 1:1-3;27; 'As I looked, I saw a great storm coming toward me from the north, driving before it a huge cloud that flashed with lightning and shone with brilliant light ... '

I hope you are able to find it ok, if you don't here's a quick summerary of the experience which is described as a 'vision'.

1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth [month], in the fifth [day] of the month, as I [was] among the captives by the river of Chebar, [that] the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.

1:2 In the fifth [day] of the month, which [was] the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity,
1:3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
1:5 Also out of the midst thereof [came] the likeness of four living creatures. And this [was] their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
1:8 And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
1:9 Their wings [were] joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
1:11 Thus [were] their faces: and their wings [were] stretched upward; two [wings] of every one [were] joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
1:12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; [and] they turned not when they went.
1:13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance [was] like burning coals of fire, [and] like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.
Interesting stuff eh, if that happened today it would certainly be understood differently. BTW I'm sorry to have gone on about alien abductions to you, that was a mistake on my part - its just as soon as I hear the words abduction and alien it worries me.

Thanks again gnostic, and if you want to post anything you want to convey in your own opinion about Ezekiel or the Elohim, then I'd be interested in hearing it!

I've kind of been doing most of the talking on this forum so far, which I didn't mean to, it would be good if someone else could take over, and I certainly only meant to gently persuade 'is any of this true?' rather than conveying 'surely it is true' which is another mistake on my part, but I hope any of you reading have found this thread interesting.

So, is any of Ezekiel's experiences possibly real, and something which many witnessess also experience today and are called contactees, are these people experienceing the same thing? If Ezekiel was on drugs in the experience, why would he go onto preach to many peoples in Isreal etc about the coming of the Lord? Did he not know he had been on drugs, and being righteous about a vision on drugs isn't exactly divine.

Check these out as well

Exodus
13:21 And The Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people

14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

14:20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

19:18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

Sounds like a spaceship to me. I guess this is where Close Encounters Of The Third
Kind of got its story.....

24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

Numbers
10:12 And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran.

2 Kings
2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Genesis

2:21 And The Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

2:22 And the rib, which The Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Ahhhhhh......nothing like a little organ harvesting and gene manipulation. Sounds like a medical procedure to me.

28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

gnostic

The Lost One
danaustin77 said:
Thanks, danaustin.

Though there's lots of fire in the chapter that you've quoted, this one has nothing about chariot and wheel.

danaustin77 said:
If something divine was happening in ancient times, then surely something divine might concievably be happening today, and not the personal enlightenments of individuals, but actual encounters with 'God' such as Ezekiels experience of a firey charriot.

There's a lot about angels and wings too. Are you sure you have the right quote?

... 19:18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

Sounds like a spaceship to me. I guess this is where Close Encounters Of The Third
Kind of got its story.....

2:22 And the rib, which The Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Ahhhhhh......nothing like a little organ harvesting and gene manipulation. Sounds like a medical procedure to me.

Hi Dirty Penguin,

thank you for joining in the discussion, it is a pleasure to have you with us.

Very interesting quotes you have there, I haven't read extensively into the various experiences of 'God' in the Bible, but I imagine there are many, and certainly most of them include very physical events such as clouds and lightning or thunder and a dramatic entrance, which I would imagine a one true God of the universe would surely not need, rather a pyhsical craft on the other hand would have no way of avoiding; a landing being accompanied by fire etc.

Also, you're very right about a medical approach by the so called 'God' of the Old Testament; if there was a divine God of the universe, surely he could wave his ephemeral arm and bring into existence anything he wanted, including a female, rather than going into the phyisical aspects of a medical operation.
I don't like to see life as an 'alien experiment' I think it is much more purposeful than that, and life as something directed, spiritual and has a direction as is supported by the ten commandments, doctrines and the New Testament, rather than a 'lets see what happens if we create humans' theory.

Thank you.

Thanks, danaustin.

Though there's lots of fire in the chapter that you've quoted, this one has nothing about chariot and wheel.

There's a lot about angels and wings too. Are you sure you have the right quote?

Hi gnostic,

sorry, Religious Forum wouldn't let me put in the whole text, and I accidentally left out the part about wheels. My apologies, it was the wheels quotation you wanted from the Bible.

Here it is, I'm quoting from the Bible here;

"As I looked at these beings, I saw four wheels on the ground beneath them, one wheel belonging to each. The wheels sparkled as if made of Chrysolite. All four wheels looked the same; each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it. The beings could move forward in any of the four directions they faced, without turning they moved. the rims of the four wheels were awesomely tall, and they were covered with eyes all around the edges. When the four living beings moved, the wheels moved with them. When they flew upward, the wheels went up, too. The spirit of the four living beings was in the wheels. So wheerever the spirit went, the wheels and the living beings went, too. when the livin beings moved, the wheels moved. When living beings stopped, the wheels stopped. When the living beings flew into the air, the wheels rose up. For the spirit of the living beings was in teh wheels."

Erich Von Daniken postulated that this description concerned a robotic like machine, implying that when the wheels moved one way, the 'beings' moved the same way.

Hope you find this interesting gnostic.

Thank you.

gnostic

The Lost One
It is strange that angels that appeared in Genesis, like with Abraham, Lot and Jacob, appeared in human shapes, no wings and no faces of animals, but in Ezekiel's time, which is during Exile period, they began appearing in non-human or semi-human forms.

Sumerian-Babylonian gods and Persian angels appeared in what later Judaic adopted for their angels, suggested that these Israelites are mixing pagan belief with their own. In Egyptian myths, you would see deities with heads of hawk/falcon, lions, serpent, cow/bull, etc. Some of their gods also had wings too.

I think is it certainly possible that these 'Angels' were labels people gave to the beings that they came into contact with, also understanding visitations as 'God' or 'Gods', hence a lot of labels, which continue to this day with 'visitors', 'Ets' and 'aliens'?

What does anyone think of this short movie here? Indeed, the question arises why Ets haven't been plastered all over the evening news decades ago, and also why Whistleblowers have come forward, surely if there was nothing to the Et hypothesis, then you wouldn't have hundreds of reliable ex officials coming forward now their secrecy oaths have passed?

Zeitgeist - The Movie

Maybe, just maybe, the economic and power base situation is the reason why there has been a cover up?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It is strange that angels that appeared in Genesis, like with Abraham, Lot and Jacob, appeared in human shapes, no wings and no faces of animals, but in Ezekiel's time, which is during Exile period, they began appearing in non-human or semi-human forms.

Sumerian-Babylonian gods and Persian angels appeared in what later Judaic adopted for their angels, suggested that these Israelites are mixing pagan belief with their own. In Egyptian myths, you would see deities with heads of hawk/falcon, lions, serpent, cow/bull, etc. Some of their gods also had wings too.

I have been saying this as well. It is interesting. I believe this is where a lot of the stories of the bible come from. I believe they stem from the sumerian record but over time the stories were told and re-told and some names and suttle events changed as the oral stories became written ones.

These kind of stories may have reappeared in the book of revelation as well. The descriptions of beings and creatures could possibly be the description of interstellar creatures. I know this is complete speculation on my part but to ne it is an interesting concept.