• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the World

Tinkerpeach

Mammal species, going by fossil
record, persist about 2 million years.

Human species have come and gone faster than that,
and the genus has come very close to extinction.

99 plus plus percent of living humans could not
survive more than days to months without modern
civilization.

Scattered relic populations after N war and collapse
would face a far bleaker harsher world than their
ancestors of say, 20k years ago did, among
the rich resources of their time.

Without the skills necessay to live in the
Pleistocene, still less the ruined version bequeathed them.
But enough would survive but more importantly they would still retain the knowledge of the last 20,000 years which is an immeasurable advantage.

On top of that the majority of technology would still exist it’s just a matter of reactivating it.

Audie

Veteran Member
But enough would survive but more importantly they would still retain the knowledge of the last 20,000 years which is an immeasurable advantage.

On top of that the majority of technology would still exist it’s just a matter of reactivating it.
I don't think so.

Heyo

Veteran Member

A big part of our functioning society rests on logistics and administration. Think about the fall of the Roman Empire, it put most of Europe into the dark ages, and it took us 1000 years to get back to a level of technology that was common in Rome.

Tinkerpeach

A big part of our functioning society rests on logistics and administration. Think about the fall of the Roman Empire, it put most of Europe into the dark ages, and it took us 1000 years to get back to a level of technology that was common in Rome.
I didn’t say it would be easy I merely said it would happen. Might take us another 1000 years to rebuild but we would.

It would be easier from the aspect that we don’t have to invent things though as we would still know how to do it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I didn’t say it would be easy I merely said it would happen. Might take us another 1000 years to rebuild but we would.

It would be easier from the aspect that we don’t have to invent things though as we would still know how to do it.
Unless someone starts burning books en masse. Most of the knowledge of the Romans survived in East Rome, a.k.a. Byzantium/Konstantinopel, but were forgotten in the West.

Tinkerpeach

Unless someone starts burning books en masse. Most of the knowledge of the Romans survived in East Rome, a.k.a. Byzantium/Konstantinopel, but were forgotten in the West.
Yes, that first generation of survivors will have the hardest task which is making sure that our knowledge is preserved.

Much will be lost for sure.

Quester

According to the linked article below, the subject of Apocalypse is becoming more of a mainstream idea and concern. What do you think? Is the end of the world something you are concerned or fearful about? Do you think about it at all? If so, what are your main concerns;
nuclear war, disease, climate change, AI, a combination of these or something else?
First off ... this "end times / apocalypse" never existed in history until the main story was rewritten and distorted via religion. Cultures like the Aztec and Hopi have a (sort of) better picture, but, their approach was also rewritten and distorted. According to them this will be the end of the fifth or fourth world, depending on whose approach you are reading. This would take us back to a start time around 38,000 BC which was the end of a 5000 year long superwave event.

Second, the original "cyclical event" connected to this idea is on it's way here, and this time we WILL have a serious problem. This is because of the electric / electronic society we have built, and the EMP involved in this will wipe that out to whatever extent. Then too, the amount of people living here will have to deal with the effects of the gravity wave creating earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, and I wonder what's going to happen to Yellowstone, seeing as the rhetoric is that it's "NEAR" ready to go.

You can look through this 67,000 year breakdown, and if you want to talk about it we can. If you click each picture you'll get a better view of it.
A 67,000 Year History of Solar Terrestrial Cosmic Events – The Sphinx Stargate

InChrist

Free4ever
YOU choose YOUR personally chosen version of an
imaginary "creator" because it pleases YOU
to believe this thIng made YOU, loves YOU,
and plans for, yes, YOU to live forever in the
Sweet bye n bye.

That's al lfor"God", of course who benefits so
much.

Not a thing abou YOUR "self" there in YOUR belief, no.
Well, you can look at it that way if you like, but as the self-centered person I was, I never would have chosen to be a follower of Jesus Christ, trust and submit my life to Him, or live a life of serving Him by serving others above myself. Those weren’t choices I was looking to make. I didn’t even have a clue who Jesus really was, actually. But when I finally did realize Who Jesus was and understand my desperate spiritual state, I did pretty instantly know I needed Him.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What do you think? Is the end of the world something you are concerned or fearful about? Do you think about it at all? If so, what are your main concerns;
nuclear war, disease, climate change, AI, a combination of these or something else?
Astronomical dooms-day is roughly one billion years away when the sun becomes so hot that it dries up all life on earth. Nothing much can be done about that. IMHO, we are past the time when we could stop climate change. Our main adversary is Allah/God. All misfortunes are because of Allah/God, starting from the banishment of Adam and Eve from Eden. Don't know what diseases (plagues) will Allah/God send to us in future, don't know if we will be able to create vaccines for it or not. All people are afraid of nuclear flare-up, but it can come up anytime - Ukraine, Israel, South China Sea, etc. So, enjoy the present.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post between Jan. 1, 1980, and Dec. 31, 2023.
That's rather suspicious.
That includes the Cold War and especially it's end and I remember being scared of an attack then.
It includes Y2K and 2012, two dates that didn't bring the end.
9/11 ramoed up end of time and WW3 talks.
Now we have AI and 5G. Some people are si afraid of new technology they even destroyed and defaced 5G towers as they did printing presses.
All it does is show people are easily frightened and love obsessing about the end. Jesus said he'd return and Christians have been calling their own time the end times since the religion's development into an organized religion.
We love it so much we even try to force fit Nostradomus over anything we can. We'll even make up stuff to attribute to him to call it the end and says it's WW3.
Ever see the Time Changer? Over 20 years Christians thought it was the end just based on how we behave.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
According to the linked article below, the subject of Apocalypse is becoming more of a mainstream idea and concern. What do you think? Is the end of the world something you are concerned or fearful about? Do you think about it at all? If so, what are your main concerns;

“Political communications scholars Christopher Wlezien and Stuart Sorokademonstrate in their research that the media are likely to reflect public opinioneven more than they direct it or alter it. While their study focused largely on Americans’ views of important policy decisions, their findings, they argue, apply beyond those domains.

If they are correct, we can use discussions of the apocalypse in the media over the past few decades as a barometer of prevailing public concerns.

Following this logic, we collected all articles mentioning the words “apocalypse” or “apocalyptic” from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post between Jan. 1, 1980, and Dec. 31, 2023. After filtering out articles centered on religion and entertainment, there were 9,380 articles that mentioned one or more of four prominent apocalyptic concerns: nuclear war, disease, climate change, and AI.”

"Many of Earth’s “vital signs” have hit record extremes, indicating that “the future of humanity hangs in the balance”, a group of the world’s most senior climate experts have said.

More and more scientists are now looking into the possibility of societal collapse, says the report, which assessed 35 vital signs in 2023 and found that 25 were worse than ever recorded, including carbon dioxide levels and human population. This indicates a “critical and unpredictable new phase of the climate crisis”, it says."

- Earth’s ‘vital signs’ show humanity’s future in balance, say climate experts

InChrist

Free4ever
"Many of Earth’s “vital signs” have hit record extremes, indicating that “the future of humanity hangs in the balance”, a group of the world’s most senior climate experts have said.

More and more scientists are now looking into the possibility of societal collapse, says the report, which assessed 35 vital signs in 2023 and found that 25 were worse than ever recorded, including carbon dioxide levels and human population. This indicates a “critical and unpredictable new phase of the climate crisis”, it says."

- Earth’s ‘vital signs’ show humanity’s future in balance, say climate experts
Thanks for your perspective. Do you see any correlation with what you have presented and biblical end times prophecy or not? Just curious.