• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enlightenment

mistakenID

When I stop defining things with labels and limiting my thoughts with language. When I become still and begin to see things without really looking and hear things without really listening. Soon, everything seems to have purpose... and ongoing, eternal purpose. Why cover it up with theology and philosophy?

But man, I still enjoy studying theology and philosophy. When you see that they all point to the same, infinite purpose... That's when I can stop thinking about where I'm going and just enjoy the scenery of this wonderful ride!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One of the most enlightening things I have done is to reject the concept of Enlightenment. :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Knowledge won't lead to enlightenment. The application of knowledge can lead to wisdom. You must glean something from that wisdom to gain just a taste of enlightenment.

It is possible that for some wisdom could be enlightening.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I take enlightenment to sometimes be a technical word denoting an experience of the oneness of all things.