• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Environments that make you happy

Ðanisty

Yeah, by Atlanta standards that would be a blizzard. By my standards, that would be "ah, a bit snowy for the next couple of days."
I remember that year. We got a total of 10 inches in our yard...lol. They closed everything around here. :areyoucra

No one gets together to party :confused:, and it isn't shut down enough to qualify as the sort of dead quiet I think of with blizzards. (Unless it's there a heavy wind along with that snow).
Yeah, but you don't get hurricane parties in Michigan.:p

There's a park next to one of the local universities. It's in the woods a bit, with a walking trail and a little stone "theater." There was a live action Werewolf game being run there a couple of months after I met my husband and we both joined. It was fall and the air was crisp. We had so much fun. Nearly every good memory I have involves the fall or winter...lol. My favorite places are the ones that nobody knows about. It's like having a secret.

Master Vigil

These three can sum up where I am most happy. :)

stream.jpg

hollow.jpg

view_from_dam2.jpg

Aqualung

Tasty
Blizzards, so long as the power (and heat!) keep going.

It has such an unusual *quiet* to it, with all the snow.

To liven up the quite periods, we'd go on foot to visit neighbors, drink far too much coffee and play lots of card games. It always helped to build community whenever we had a blizzard.

I love blizzards, especially at night, when you can look up at streetlights or the moon and see the huge flakes floating down through the light.

I also love anything near large bodies of water, like the coast or even being on a lake.

Aqualung

Tasty
Oh, and I also really liked going to the park in Springfield, OR, when we lived there. I have some really good memories of that place.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Master Vigil, though I've never seen those places in person, doing so would make me very happy :) I love being out in the middle of nowhere, with no traffic, no artificial lights, no huge houses or anything like that. Just me, GC and nature.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
A few of my favorite things...

I will always remember my three year old daughter running to meet me at the door screaming "daDEE, daDEE!"

The feel of my paddle in the water.

The tug of a fish on my line.

A storm on the water (which is also frightening).

ANY TIME under the water! :D

The purr of my Zephyr.

Hope

Princesinha
I have so many favorite "environments" it's hard to choose a favorite.

As a child I loved summer evenings. I remember taking my bath, and feeling all fresh and clean in my favorite pink nightgown, with long wet hair cascading down my back, then rushing outside as the twilight fell to catch lightning bugs with my brothers. The sights, sounds, smells, and carefree-ness I experienced on those warm summer eves will always haunt me.

Recently, I spent a week at a Christian retreat/conference in Georgia, and my favorite memory was sitting beside the pool at the beautiful campground as the sun set, just laughing and chatting with friends till late in the evening. Good times. :D

Ozzie

Environments? :shrug:

I haven't had my coffee so bare with me if that isn't the best word to describe what I'm shootin for.

This Saturday (like many others) I was awaken by my 3 year old and I went through my usual routine. Go to restroom, open blinders, go outside and take in some good morning breath, and then I start cooking breakfast with my 3 year old. It's a very peaceful and happy moment for me. I enjoy it immensely. This is a happy enviment and I can think of many others as well.

Another that pops to mind is when my mom used to go to relatives house and it was a rainy day. I was home alone and boy did I enjoy that. It wasn't just the fact that I was lone, but it was the rain, the hot pockets, the movies I watched, etc. I was happy...:)

How about you?
New environments make me happy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A very dense forest with only animal trails to follow.
A concert with a rowdy and worked up crowd.
Being on stage for a play or concert.
Wrestling in front of a crowd.

moegypt

when i go to my old places at night.. i feel very happy and changes happen in my heart.

I love to go the places i love to remember my friends as (an example) at night.

Night is very good.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Moegypt reminded me of something. I love to go to old buildings, houses, etc. For some reason it gives me a sense of peace.

ayani

beckysoup61 said:
Moegypt reminded me of something. I love to go to old buildings, houses, etc. For some reason it gives me a sense of peace.

me too! i love abandoned but stately old houses. and ruins of any kind... especially in the dawn or pre-dawn, it's neat watching the sun come up around crumbling walls.