• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethics:Is Non-veg as wrong as cheating your wife

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I most places meat is more expensive than plants, so in most places, no, meat eating is for gastronomical pleasure and habit.

As I said, a plant eating diet still kills less than a meat eating diet because a meat eating diet requires breeding a lot of meat that will eat way more plants than what it will supply in food.

I do have an interest and concern for morality, so even as I underrstand is subjective, I dont treat it as if it had to be arbitrary. I think empathy and compassion go a long way and it is good to extend it to other species whenever possible,
I just mentioned examples of people who go and out and hunt for meat rather than buying it in a grocery store (which, BTW, pound-for-pound beef is more expensive than a car, so I agree that buying meat from the grocery store can be very expensive). I am referring to those who do not have the choice or ability to be picky about what they eat. Eat the livestock you slaughtered last week and what little other food can be scrapped together, or die hungry. Most of the world simply does not have the luxury of being able to choose if they eat meat or not. And should you find yourself stranded and in a "survival situation", finding a source of meat will sustain you better and improve your chances of surviving than if you eat only plants.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I just mentioned examples of people who go and out and hunt for meat rather than buying it in a grocery store (which, BTW, pound-for-pound beef is more expensive than a car, so I agree that buying meat from the grocery store can be very expensive). I am referring to those who do not have the choice or ability to be picky about what they eat. Eat the livestock you slaughtered last week and what little other food can be scrapped together, or die hungry. Most of the world simply does not have the luxury of being able to choose if they eat meat or not. And should you find yourself stranded and in a "survival situation", finding a source of meat will sustain you better and improve your chances of surviving than if you eat only plants.

Mst of the world? Most of the world does find it less expensive to eat plant based.

Most of china, most of india, I would suspect would find it easier to go plantbased. There are some people for whom the option might not be there.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What makes you think most of the world is hunter gatherer tribe or something?
I never claimed they are. However about half of the global population are peasants.
Why the International Day of Peasants' Struggles is important | Henry Saragih | Global development | theguardian.com
Peasants and small farmers make up half of the world population and grow at least 70% of the world's food (pdf). This group includes small-scale farmers, pastoralists, landless people, peasant fishers and indigenous people all around the world.

United Nations Resources for Speakers on Global Issues - Home
  • In 2010, the population of the developing world was more rural than urban: some 3.1 billion people lived in rural areas.
  • In 2010, about 34 per cent of the total rural population of developing countries is classified as extremely poor, down from around 54 per cent in 1988, while the US$2/day poverty rate in rural areas is now just above 60 per cent, down from over 80 per cent in 1988.

Most of china, most of india, I would suspect would find it easier to go plantbased. There are some people for whom the option might not be there.
For some it is an option. But there is still a very high poverty rate in both India and China, and getting to pick and choose what foods you will eat is a luxury. And then sometimes a large corporation (such as Chiquita/United Fruit Company) comes in and screws everything up so badly that people who were just fine before found themselves hungry and poor.
Again, eating on vegetables is not an issue of morality. It is an issue of luxury and being able to turn down food.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
From the standpoint of environmental impacts, being a non-vegetarian is significantly worse than adultery. Production and consumption of meat uses a large amount of resources compared to non-meat products. Adultery has virtually no significant environmental impact whatsoever, unless a child comes of it. Then, it's probably a bit of a toss-up depending on the lifestyle that child has.

But,you don't try to impeach a President for eating non-veg food.:cold:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wherenextcolumbus

If it is possible to survive on Fruits and Eggs,why kill plants at all?:eek:

you couldn't survive healthily on just fruit and eggs you also need carbs and greens. And you shouldn't over do it with eggs because it is high in cholesterol....and speaking of cholesterol, note to self: I really need to cut down on the amount of cheese I eat.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
But,you don't try to impeach a President for eating non-veg food.:cold:

Yes, well, that entire situation was unbelievably stupid IMHO. Attempting to impeach a President for having sex outside of their marriage is just pathetic and not even remotely justified grounds for the action.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
No it is simple why. I made a promise to be faithfull not to not eat meat. Ignoring wether or not it is moral to eat meat.

dust1n

Zindīq
You get vitamin d from the sun and from eggs

My body doesn't produce vitamin D properly... meaning, my skin doesn't utilize the sunlight to create it. Secondly, I take about 2000 ui of Vitamin D daily for a condition. The equivalent to this in eggs is about 150 a day. The only real food source that even gets close is 2 tblspoons of codliver oil, or about 12 ozs of swordfish.

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

My body doesn't produce vitamin D properly... meaning, my skin doesn't utilize the sunlight to create it. Secondly, I take about 2000 ui of Vitamin D daily for a condition. The equivalent to this in eggs is about 150 a day. The only real food source that even gets close is 2 tblspoons of codliver oil, or about 12 ozs of swordfish.

Oh I see sorry I thought you meant in general