• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Paying With Cash Can Now Cost Extra

We Never Know

No Slack
They get their fees one way or another. The fee... $3.50 to $6.00. According to the WSJ(didn't link it because its behind a paywall so I used an alternative link.

That's why I always carry cash and plastic.

More consumers who want to pay in cash are being forced to use a "reverse ATM" — and they are being charged for the service.

The next time you try to pay for something with cash, don’t be surprised if it costs you a little extra.

In some places, folks who want to pay with physical dollars and cents now must fork over a small fee for the privilege.

The Wall Street Journal reports that businesses that no longer accept cash may direct you to a “reverse ATM.” These cash-shy companies require you to feed dollar bills into the reverse ATM, which then issues a plastic debit card that can be used at that or other retailers.

Typically, you can expect to pay a fee for the service. The Journal reported the story of Noa Khamallah, who was directed to a reverse ATM when he tried to pay cash for popcorn and a soda at Yankee Stadium in New York City."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
They get their fees one way or another. The fee... $3.50 to $6.00. According to the WSJ(didn't link it because its behind a paywall so I used an alternative link.

More consumers who want to pay in cash are being forced to use a "reverse ATM" — and they are being charged for the service.

The next time you try to pay for something with cash, don’t be surprised if it costs you a little extra.

In some places, folks who want to pay with physical dollars and cents now must fork over a small fee for the privilege.

The Wall Street Journal reports that businesses that no longer accept cash may direct you to a “reverse ATM.” These cash-shy companies require you to feed dollar bills into the reverse ATM, which then issues a plastic debit card that can be used at that or other retailers.

Typically, you can expect to pay a fee for the service. The Journal reported the story of Noa Khamallah, who was directed to a reverse ATM when he tried to pay cash for popcorn and a soda at Yankee Stadium in New York City."

It's amazing on how these people can legally get away with it. Don't ever live in a Democrat run People's Republic. You will seriously regret it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I mean, I can see paying in pennies or nickels but honestly, cash in general? No way.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
KFC has gone card only in Australia (at least where I live), doesn't really affect me because I don't eat KFC but I'm not sure how they can refuse to take legal tender.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

I only go into places that are "card only" for two reasons:
  • I did not know before hand they were "card only"
  • I have no choice but to use their service, I.E. BMV

Laniakea

Not of this world
I am seeing no cash accepted more and more here in Michiana.
(I live a stones throw from the state line)

It is government locations that do not accept cash at all.
I have not seen a charge for paying in cash,,, yet.
Government not accepting the very thing they print?

Twilight Hue

It's kind of ironic being that there is a gas station where i live aside from the reservation, where you can buy gas cheaper if you use cash instead of a credit card.

Still in spite of that boon, I am quite convinced we are going to eventually be headed for a completely cashless society where at some point all transactions are traced, and can be followed electronically.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's kind of ironic being that there is a gas station where i live aside from the reservation, where you can buy gas cheaper if you use cash instead of a credit card.
From what I understand that's to help offset the fees from accepting plastic. It's why Arco charges 35 cents for debit, even though you get the gas at cash price. But that's partly how they offer top tier gas for cheaper. Used to be none of them even accepted credit cards for that reason, and just a few years ago some of the hold outs began accepting them.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I have seen gas prices as much as 40 cents A GALLON cheaper when paying cash.

Still in spite of that boon, I am quite convinced we are going to eventually be headed for a completely cashless society where at some point all transactions are traced, and can be followed electronically.
Any payment made with a card is traceable.
Always have been.

My brother-in-law is convinced it is a conspiracy by the government to get everything cashless to make it easier to track people.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

That's what we get for relying on progressing technology. It's every bit of your own doing as mine, theirs and so on. "A price to pay".

We'll adapt, as always.

Twilight Hue

I have seen gas prices as much as 40 cents A GALLON cheaper when paying cash.

Any payment made with a card is traceable.
Always have been.

My brother-in-law is convinced it is a conspiracy by the government to get everything cashless to make it easier to track people.
I'd likely agree with your brother in law. :0)

It's also interesting to see how a cashless society would affect criminals, as most illegal transactions are made in cash or even legal transactions for that matter such as selling something through the newspaper or trade sheet.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'd likely agree with your brother in law. :0)

It's also interesting to see how a cashless society would affect criminals, as most illegal transactions are made in cash or even legal transactions for that matter such as selling something through the newspaper or trade sheet.

What is a physical bitcoin, and what is its worth?

The back of the coin is where its value lies; it contains the private key for the actual bitcoins. Holders can use this key to redeem the BTC online. Also, each coin has its individual private key. Therefore, even if someone steals or tampers with it, they will only be able to access the BTC in that specific coin. On the other hand, if this were a digital wallet, the entity would have access to all the cryptocurrency stored within it.​

Twilight Hue

What is a physical bitcoin, and what is its worth?

The back of the coin is where its value lies; it contains the private key for the actual bitcoins. Holders can use this key to redeem the BTC online. Also, each coin has its individual private key. Therefore, even if someone steals or tampers with it, they will only be able to access the BTC in that specific coin. On the other hand, if this were a digital wallet, the entity would have access to all the cryptocurrency stored within it.​
The very fact that cryptocurrency even became a thing makes me wonder.