• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of Divinity

CynthiaCypher

Yep. :D

Only theists disapprove of atheists. God does not, even if it turns out that he does exist.

Of course not. Atheist have an important purpose in fact several important purposes. One purpose is to not believe in God and another is to counter theism.

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I must say... I both completely agree and find myself surprised out of my socks.

I did not expect to see you say such a thing. You seem so set on proving atheists wrong.

Maybe I have misperceived your goals. I must consider that.

CynthiaCypher

I must say... I both completely agree and find myself surprised out of my socks.

I did not expect to see you say such a thing. You seem so set on proving atheists wrong.

Maybe I have misperceived your goals. I must consider that.

In my tradition, it is immoral to even try to convert another person into something they are not. I no more want to convert an atheist into a theist anymore than I would want to convert a fish into a bird.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
A challenge/question to the believers out there. What would you name as evidence of God? I am curious, not trying to be condescending.

For me it comes down to two things, my own personal experience and reasoning about the origins of everything.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not a believer, but I would consider it if I saw evidence that belief in God is consistently conductive to religious wisdom.

I believe you meant conducive not conductive.

I believe God is wise and that wisdom was at least partially imparted to Solomon who wrote Proverbs. However I am not sure I know what you mean by religious wisdom. Proveerbs says Prov.1:7 ¶ The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge; But the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe you meant conducive not conductive.

You're right. Thanks!

I believe God is wise and that wisdom was at least partially imparted to Solomon who wrote Proverbs. However I am not sure I know what you mean by religious wisdom. Proveerbs says Prov.1:7 ¶ The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge; But the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.

Religious wisdom is fairly easy to find and to recognize as such. From all appearances, it is also quite unrelated to specific faiths (although it is very rare in some) and if anything inversely correlated to belief in God.

Peter Singer, for instance, has a lot of it.