• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that Ivrim, Benei Yisrael, Yehudim, and Modern day Jews do not descend from Yadavas farmers

GoodAttention

You may be interested in the following playlist where I respond to a video made by some missionaries.

I've been watching some of your videos, in one you mention the Book of Ester and the following verse

מהודו ועד כוש

How is Hodu derived to be India? I understand the remaining words say Kush, which I identify as the Indus Valley.

It is interesting because the Kush I read in Isaiah 18 I also identify as the Indus Valley.

Ehav4Ever

How is Hodu derived to be India? I understand the remaining words say Kush, which I identify as the Indus Valley.
The reason that India was called Hodu in Jewish Hebrew is because some of the local languages to where we Jews were called the region is in something similar.

1725280758780.png

GoodAttention

The reason that India was called Hodu in Jewish Hebrew is because some of the local languages to where we Jews were called the region is in something similar.

View attachment 96661

Thanks for explaining.

So if my understanding is correct, "Hodu" and "Kush" in this circumstance is the transliteration of Old Persian cuneifom?

For example, the DNa inscription of Darius I (r. 522–486 BC) on his tomb at Naqsh-e Rustam mentions Kūšīyā (Old Persian cuneiform: , pronounced Kūshīyā) among the territories being "ruled over" by the Achaemenid Empire.

Ehav4Ever

Thanks for explaining.

So if my understanding is correct, "Hodu" and "Kush" in this circumstance is the transliteration of Old Persian cuneifom?

For example, the DNa inscription of Darius I (r. 522–486 BC) on his tomb at Naqsh-e Rustam mentions Kūšīyā (Old Persian cuneiform: , pronounced Kūshīyā) among the territories being "ruled over" by the Achaemenid Empire.

Kush was a lot closer to the regions that Ivrim and Benei Yisrael had contact with during the early period of Israeli / Jewish development. So, that location would have been better known by name because the contact with that region. Hodu was a lot further away from the regions that early Ivrim and Benei Yisrael had contact with so it more likely that the term was learned from what other local cultures had to say about Hodu.