• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and Creationism are the same thing

Otherright

Otherright
History teaches that most emotionally charged dichotomous debates wind up being resolved as a compromise between both positions. With that in mind, I'd say there's reasonable evidence to conclude that "existence" is the result of both Evolution and Creation. Bear with me:

1. Evolution - human beings definitely did not have anything to do with the hundred-million-year-old fossils we've found and dated (for example, and we only need one). Point: ****, I guess Evolution is real.

2. Creation - we witness it every day; pollution, deforestation, etc. and their counterparts, conservation, charity, etc. These trends are natural only by extension; they are the intelligent designs of a naturally evolved animal. They happen at relatively faster speeds, they exist for relatively shorter periods of time; they are analogous to the quanta of the universe that is our planet.

Evolution = Classical Mechanics (Newtonian/Hamiltonian/Lagrangian), macro-particles (very similar or greater order of magnitude relative to humans).

Creation = Quantum Mechanics, "subatomic" particles (much smaller order of magnitude relative to humans).

Note the implicit relativity.

I think at the end of the day, they will both require you, as an observer, to rely on your own faith.

outhouse

Atheistically
Bear with me:

why should we play your mindgame??

I guess Evolution is real

you guessed one thing right, congradulations.

Creation = Quantum Mechanics, "subatomic" particles (much smaller order of magnitude relative to humans).

what kind of a baseless guess is that????

you have nothing there but imagination.

2. Creation - we witness it every day

that is not creation of something from a deity.

the post is abstract

freethinker44

Really? Where did all the stuff that "evolves" come from?

Wherever it came from has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution doesn't begin until after something is created.

My point exactly; it is incomplete. Perhaps biological creation is a major component of the cyclical (nested) process. Inflation, anyone?

Creation is a major component of the process. But it isn't related to evolution. They are two separate processes that work on the same system at different times. Never do they happen together. Once creation ends, evolution begins.

So when a humans as a species intelligently build myriad devices, social structures, infrastructures etc. that directly affect the ecosystem, you don't see a scientific value in considering it as a related but discrete component of the Theory?

Not sure how this relates to the discussion.

imaginaryme

No. Evolution and creationism are both words, both nouns, each with their own congregation of believers, each telling a story of origin...

however!

I have the God-given moral right ...to kill creationists dead. Whether or not this hypothesis of moral right is ever tested in a court of law will be determined by chance in the environment of this natural organism. I am a careful experimenter and have no need to validate science. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, I think I just have a better understanding of what it really means as opposed to the millions of dullards whose paragon of achievement is four loosely-connected sentences that arguably outline a discernible thought.
Well, there's a discussion ender.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
History teaches that most emotionally charged dichotomous debates wind up being resolved as a compromise between both positions.

For example?

With that in mind, I'd say there's reasonable evidence to conclude that "existence" is the result of both Evolution and Creation.

Existence as in the existence of the species or existence of matter and energy itself?

1. Evolution - human beings definitely did not have anything to do with the hundred-million-year-old fossils we've found and dated (for example, and we only need one). Point: ****, I guess Evolution is real.

Yes, however, Biological Evolution is backed by more than just fossil evidence.

2. Creation - we witness it every day; pollution, deforestation, etc. and their counterparts, conservation, charity, etc. These trends are natural only by extension; they are the intelligent designs of a naturally evolved animal. They happen at relatively faster speeds, they exist for relatively shorter periods of time; they are analogous to the quanta of the universe that is our planet.

Now you are just redefining "Creationism", as well as mixing ecology, psychology, ethics, physics and geology into a meaningless conglomerate that you can mold into any definition you wish.

Evolution = Classical Mechanics (Newtonian/Hamiltonian/Lagrangian), macro-particles (very similar or greater order of magnitude relative to humans).

Biological Evolution, as well as any other natural process, involves both Classical Mechanics and Quantum Mechanics. Natural laws affect natural processes.

Again, this is just a redefinition of "Creationism" made to suit your unjustified hypothesis.

Wow! I really did not expect to see this many Atheists on this website… L, I also didn’t expect this many people to believe in one of the most ridiculous theories ever created (Evolution). It’s just my opinion, but it seems that many of you are very confused as to what Evolution really means, as well as Creationism. I would strongly suggest you put away your pride and your so called “knowledge” and just look for the truth. If you can honestly do that, you will find it’s not hard to see J Good Luck

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Wow! I really did not expect to see this many Atheists on this website… L,
Irreverent to the thread.
I also didn’t expect this many people to believe in one of the most ridiculous theories ever created (Evolution).
What is your understanding of an established Scientific Theory?
It’s just my opinion, but it seems that many of you are very confused as to what Evolution really means, as well as Creationism.

Let's start with Biological Evolution.
What do you feel it really means?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Wow! I really did not expect to see this many Atheists on this website… L, I also didn’t expect this many people to believe in one of the most ridiculous theories ever created (Evolution). It’s just my opinion, but it seems that many of you are very confused as to what Evolution really means, as well as Creationism. I would strongly suggest you put away your pride and your so called “knowledge” and just look for the truth. If you can honestly do that, you will find it’s not hard to see J Good Luck

Don't feed the Poe.

I would say there are manyareas of Creationism that are Scientific, and I would say there is ZERO scientific evidence for Evolution.

What do you feel it really means?[/quote]

To my understanding there are 6 basic stages or level of Evolution
1. Cosmic Evolution: the origin of time, space, and matter
2. Chemical Evolution: The origin of higher elements from hydrogen
3. Stellar and Planetary Evolution: The origin of stars and planets
4. Organic Evolution: The origin of life
5. Macro-Evolution: change from one kind into another
6. Micro- Evolution: Variations within the kinds
The first 5 stages are 100% Religious. Science deals with things that can be demonstrated, tested and repeated, therefore it is absolutely impossible for these first 5 stages to be scientific, if you would like to believe this is the way we got here you are more than welcome to believe that, but it is a religion not scientific. Micro-Evolution is Science, it is variation within the kinds, but that does not prove that we evolved from a rock 4.6 Billion years ago…
I will tell you now, I am not some science major, who claims to know everything there is to know about how we got here. I am a simple Christian. With that being said I will admit up front that I cannot prove that God exists, just the same as you cannot prove that he doesn’t. I also cannot prove that Evolution did not happen, just as you cannot prove that it did. All we can do in this life is gather as much evidence as we can, and decide for ourselves what happened. After being an Atheist, and studying Creation, Evolution, as well as other religions, I think it is safe to say that Christianity is the Truth that I can find.

Skwim

Veteran Member

I would say there are manyareas of Creationism that are Scientific, and I would say there is ZERO scientific evidence for Evolution.

What do you feel it really means?

To my understanding there are 6 basic stages or level of Evolution
1. Cosmic Evolution: the origin of time, space, and matter
2. Chemical Evolution: The origin of higher elements from hydrogen
3. Stellar and Planetary Evolution: The origin of stars and planets
4. Organic Evolution: The origin of life
5. Macro-Evolution: change from one kind into another
6. Micro- Evolution: Variations within the kinds
The first 5 stages are 100% Religious. Science deals with things that can be demonstrated, tested and repeated, therefore it is absolutely impossible for these first 5 stages to be scientific, if you would like to believe this is the way we got here you are more than welcome to believe that, but it is a religion not scientific. Micro-Evolution is Science, it is variation within the kinds, but that does not prove that we evolved from a rock 4.6 Billion years ago…
I will tell you now, I am not some science major, who claims to know everything there is to know about how we got here. I am a simple Christian. With that being said I will admit up front that I cannot prove that God exists, just the same as you cannot prove that he doesn’t. I also cannot prove that Evolution did not happen, just as you cannot prove that it did. All we can do in this life is gather as much evidence as we can, and decide for ourselves what happened. After being an Atheist, and studying Creation, Evolution, as well as other religions, I think it is safe to say that Christianity is the Truth that I can find.

x_5e89c71e.jpg

This is sad. Oh so sad.

Last edited: