• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You did not address the point of the post you responded to.
Why is that?

Care to actually address it?
I don't know what you are referring to specifically, so if you want to elaborate, that's fine. If not, ok, and yes -- have a good night. Meanwhile, video cameras or not, gorillas still have not invented computers. (Good night probably)

Eli G

I meant to say that I loved the picture. :)
Thanks.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words.

Focused as they are on so much mockery, insults and speculative pseudoscience, many forget reality and facts. They needed a pic to come back to real life.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't know what you are referring to specifically, so if you want to elaborate, that's fine. If not, ok, and yes -- have a good night. Meanwhile, video cameras or not, gorillas still have not invented computers. (Good night probably)
Are you really going to demand video camera footage?
If so, then you must have video camera footage for creation, right?

YOU brought up video cameras, not me.
Why?
Do you have video footage for your beliefs?
You must have if you are demanding video footage for evolution, right?
Otherwise you would be a hypocrite, right?

Eli G

Mankind has stories of God's creation all over the world. Although they differ from one another, they tell us that man's last ancestors knew their true origin.

Indeed, no ape has the brain to invent a God; it is too complex a concept for a brain that is not even aware of itself.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Indeed, no ape has the brain to invent a God; it is too complex a concept for a brain that is not even aware of itself.
Are you saying that apes aren't aware of their own existence? That's just a stupid claim. It makes no sense. Of course animals are self-aware. What do you think they are, robots? They clearly have emotions, thoughts - an internal world like we do. Science has moved on from Descartes, you know.

I'm honestly concerned if anyone thinks animals are nothing more than automata; why have animal rights or animal welfare then? If they're not self-aware, they can't suffer which is obviously total nonsense. So that is worrying, if that's what you're trying to say.

Animals also are thought to have spiritual (mystical) experiences that aren't too unlike ours.

Eli G

I said what was said: no ape has the brain to invent a God; it is too complex a concept for a brain that is not even aware of itself. I am talking about the concept of a God, not about whatever that doctor call "spiritual experiences" in animals.

Don't you agree with what I said?

In fact, to formalize the idea of God in the minds of many generations, the first of them, with a fully developed brain, also had to transmit the information orally from the beginning, so it had to have a verbal language with all its physiological and cerebral mechanisms fully developed.

YoursTrue

Are you saying that apes aren't aware of their own existence? That's just a stupid claim. It makes no sense. Of course animals are self-aware. What do you think they are, robots? They clearly have emotions, thoughts - an internal world like we do. Science has moved on from Descartes, you know.

I'm honestly concerned if anyone thinks animals are nothing more than automata; why have animal rights or animal welfare then? If they're not self-aware, they can't suffer which is obviously total nonsense. So that is worrying, if that's what you're trying to say.

Animals also are thought to have spiritual (mystical) experiences that aren't too unlike ours.

Any idea if chimpanzees, fishes and humans have evolved from their beings lately, or are they remaining as chimpanzees, fishes and humans as they procreate? After all, evolution is supposed to be a continual process. No one said that chimpanzees and fish, etc. do not have extraordinary qualities. But chimpanzees have not invented telescopes. Neither have fish. Or dogs.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Any idea if chimpanzees, fishes and humans have evolved from their beings lately, or are they remaining as chimpanzees, fishes and humans as they procreate? After all, evolution is supposed to be a continual process. No one said that chimpanzees and fish, etc. do not have extraordinary qualities. But chimpanzees have not invented telescopes. Neither have fish. Or dogs.

And I'm waiting for you to reword your previous questions.

Argentbear

Any idea if chimpanzees, fishes and humans have evolved from their beings lately,

Define lately
or are they remaining as chimpanzees, fishes and humans as they procreate? After all, evolution is supposed to be a continual process. No one said that chimpanzees and fish, etc. do not have extraordinary qualities. But chimpanzees have not invented telescopes. Neither have fish. Or dogs.
why would they?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I said what was said: no ape has the brain to invent a God; it is too complex a concept for a brain that is not even aware of itself. I am talking about the concept of a God, not about whatever that doctor call "spiritual experiences" in animals.

Don't you agree with what I said?

In fact, to formalize the idea of God in the minds of many generations, the first of them, with a fully developed brain, also had to transmit the information orally from the beginning, so it had to have a verbal language with all its physiological and cerebral mechanisms fully developed.
No, I don't agree because we can't exactly ask non-humans what their thoughts on deities are. They have their own ways of communicating with each other. Whales have language and it's fairly complex. But we can deduce from their behavior what kind of experiences they are having. So you don't have any basis for that hard no of yours. However, "God" is a vague concept that humans can't even agree on what it means, anyways. For many millennia, we worshipped Spirits and hierarchies weren't so defined, like with pantheons from Classical Paganism. Our view of a Supreme Being was more pantheistic. "God" was something that was more experienced than anything else. That's the basis of a mystical experience.

Eli G

... you don't have any basis for that hard no of yours.
Thanks for sharing your view. It is not my view.
However, "God" is a vague concept that humans can't even agree on what it means, anyways.
I don't agree with that either.
For many millennia, we worshipped Spirits and hierarchies weren't so defined, like with pantheons from Classical Paganism.
A God is a complex concept. If you mention the word anywhere anytime, everybody knows what you're talking about.
Our view of a Supreme Being was more pantheistic. "God" was something that was more experienced than anything else. That's the basis of a mystical experience.
It doesn't change what I am saying, but I'm not against you expressing your views.

I may read your next posts next time.

Have a good night.

YoursTrue

You've never answered what the point of these kind of statements are. You keep repeating it but don't explain why.
Only humans have the ability to invent airplanes. Birds fly naturally, that is, some do, there is no need for them to invent wings. God gave them wings. I am aware of the explanation by scientists that dinosaurs developed by mutation wings and eventually evolved to become birds.\Scientists may have explanations as to how birds got their wings, but at this point it doesn't make sense to me any longer that life in its different forms evolved. One reason is because yes, I have come to believe what the Bible says. The other reason is that the theory of evolution is very hazy, Starting with abiogenesis and moving on outward and upward, I suppose. Since yes, there are no video cameras recording the supposed each and every incremental change, it is imagined and part of that imagined seqquences are based on fossils. But any reasonable person would have to say that the fossils are not conclusive evidence of the process of evolution as far as I am concerned now.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your view. It is not my view.

I don't agree with that either.

A God is a complex concept. If you mention the word anywhere anytime, everybody knows what you're talking about.

It doesn't change what I am saying, but I'm not against you expressing your views.

I may read your next posts next time.

Have a good night.
Okay, so you apparently don't have much to say now after sounding so confident before. Yeah, you have a good night, too.

Eli G

I just don't think that an experience in the form of a physical sensation is a communicable thought.
Thanks anyway for your time.

YoursTrue

No, I don't agree because we can't exactly ask non-humans what their thoughts on deities are. They have their own ways of communicating with each other. Whales have language and it's fairly complex. But we can deduce from their behavior what kind of experiences they are having. So you don't have any basis for that hard no of yours. However, "God" is a vague concept that humans can't even agree on what it means, anyways. For many millennia, we worshipped Spirits and hierarchies weren't so defined, like with pantheons from Classical Paganism. Our view of a Supreme Being was more pantheistic. "God" was something that was more experienced than anything else. That's the basis of a mystical experience.
I just wonder--you said you speak with the dead, right? I wonder if all those here who believe in evolution agree that you can speak with dead persons. I do believe it is connected to this discussion. So I am curious if those here who believe in evolution also believe it is possible to speak with the dead, humans or gorillas. What do you think? I do realize some believe the soul can migrate to other forms of life once a body dies. How do you feel about that?

Eli G

I just wonder--you said you speak with the dead, right? I wonder if all those here who believe in evolution agree that you can speak with dead persons. I do believe it is connected to this discussion. So I am curious if those here who believe in evolution also believe it is possible to speak with the dead, humans or gorillas. What do you think? I do realize some believe the soul can migrate to other forms of life once a body dies. How do you feel about that?
That would be interesting to hear... I would like to know the background of the way of thinking of the people I talk to.