• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Dawkins' book, The Genetic Book of the Dead: A Darwinian Reverie, just published September 17, 2024, is very likely to provide as much as scientists know today. I have only just started the book so I cannot yet say how detailed Dawkins is about the evolution of the DNA structure. However, based on what I have read so far, the newest Dawkins book is likely to be very relevant to your question.
you know that's interesting, although I doubt I will read it because I have so much to do and read as well, but -- now you got me wondering if DNA and RNA actually die when the flesh dies. What do you think?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Dawkins' book, The Genetic Book of the Dead: A Darwinian Reverie, just published September 17, 2024, is very likely to provide as much as scientists know today. I have only just started the book so I cannot yet say how detailed Dawkins is about the evolution of the DNA structure. However, based on what I have read so far, the newest Dawkins book is likely to be very relevant to your question.
Actually I was thinking that back to the soil it goes -- as God said to Adam in reference to death. From the soil, back to the soil.

rkwnyc

you know that's interesting, although I doubt I will read it because I have so much to do and read as well, but -- now you got me wondering if DNA and RNA actually die when the flesh dies. What do you think?
My understanding is that DNA can only replicate itself as part of a living cell - it is not living by itself but the key component to the reproduction of cells - which is necessary for our ongoing living.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
wsedrftgyuhjik.png

gnostic

The Lost One

DNA & RNA are essential biological macromolecules (macromolecule means ”large molecule“) in each living cell, but DNA & RNA, by themselves are never alive, YoursTrue.

DNA & RNA can persist in the body of a dead organism, but just as tissues decay and decompose, breaking down the proteins in the tissues and cells, so can either nucleic acid. Eventually you cannot test the DNA of any cells, as the nucleic acid breakdown.

DNA can survive for thousands of years, but it depends on the body of being a frozen mummified remains, like some of the frozen mammoths found.

You cannot test DNA or RNA when it become fossilised, where the mineralized tissue parts (eg bones, teeth, exoskeleton remain) in a body becomes rock.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Why worry about it??!!!?
I'm not. I'm more concerned that you manipulated my post that you responded to. You may want to reconsider persisting in that practice.

Why worry about what you claim is fact when there is nothing to consider it to be fact.

Because Darwin et all els have made the assumption. If it is false than so is the Theory of Evolution.
A nearly incoherent claim that is incorrect. There is no reference to consciousness, because there is no evidence to support that it is involved or necessary to evolution to require being mentioned by the theory of evolution. And I think zero chance you will ever even attempt to support your claim that it is.

The lack of involvement of consciousness in evolution is not an assumption of the theory. It isn't considered, because there is no reason to consider it.

So far, we know what you think are assumptions of the theory, but not any actual assumptions.
Sounds like a fine reason to worry about it.
Then I would say that all your worry is for naught and merely a manifestation of your ignorance of this subject.

Last edited:

Pogo

I think that there is no point in your asking these questions after as long as you have been here. Having more to read is very apparently a waste of time in your case though maybe a completely different subject might have some value.