• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, true, fact of life, false or God made?

Im an Atheist

Biologist
I think evolution is:
true,
a fact of life,
and God-made.

so you think that God is responsible for all of our complex nervous system, our DNA coding, our organelles , division of labour??

Personally i believe its natural selection and mutating genes.

for exmaple, a giraffe used to have the same structure as a horse, until one day a mutated gene caused an offsping to have a long neck. Due to natural selection it survived becuase it could get to leaves in the trees ETC, so the mutated giraffe reproduced and passed the gene on...

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
None of the above?

Right. "None of the above" should be an option. When used as a scientific theory, evolution is an explanatory model for trying to usefully describe the cause of patterns seen in the diversity of different types of living organisms. At most it is a probability assessment and not "true" or "false" (that's why it continues to "improve" over time :) ).

Of course, the theory of evolution is rarely actually understood as a scientific theory (especially in debates about "religion vs. evolution").

Last edited:

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Evolution is one of the biggest debates within western religion and science

Fixed. ;)

(And even so, I'd still say that there are bigger debates even within this now-narrowed context, such as "What's this God-thing anyway?" and "Here's why my hat is prettier then their hat")

Some people believe god to underlie all things.

And other people believe that all things underlie God.

(Heck, sometimes they're even the same people after all)

How could God of created such a complex structure of life?

Why would our God create?

Im an Atheist

Biologist
Fixed. ;)

(And even so, I'd still say that there are bigger debates even within this now-narrowed context, such as "What's this God-thing anyway?" and "Here's why my hat is prettier then their hat")

And other people believe that all things underlie God.

(Heck, sometimes they're even the same people after all)

Why would our God create?

Becuase answers create more questions

Tao of Pooh

Some people believe in, I think it's called a causation theory though I may be wrong. It's more of God doing the first act & setting the wheels in motion, so to speak.

Tao of Pooh

Ugh, I wish I could turn off that frubal thingie. All I get are rows of red x's saying so&so's a frubal whore. It stretches the page out twice as wide as my screen!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Some people believe in, I think it's called a causation theory though I may be wrong. It's more of God doing the first act & setting the wheels in motion, so to speak.
It's the notion of the "Prime Mover" or "First Cause." It's equally a proof for the non-existence of "God the Creator" as it is a proof for the existence of "God the Creator."