• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution Vs. Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

outhouse

Atheistically
Unfortunately, these so-called Evolutionism vs Creationism threads are in fact fact vs fiction.

my problem is with how someone so uneducated can state his fiction deservse merit.

a creationist should start every conversation with "I imagine" and then begin there useless ramblings

my problem is with how someone so uneducated can state his fiction deservse merit.

a creationist should start every conversation with "I imagine" and then begin there useless ramblings

If a schitzofrenic person knew that his imaginary friend was imaginary hes schizofrenicism (orrr whatever) wouldn't be that bad. :drunk:

Gloone

This could well be the goofiest incongruent to logic long post I've seen. There are no overgeneralizations to evolutionary biology and we certainly have more than enough facts to justify the existence of evolution and the common descent of life on earth.

Darwin and Wallace recognized the process independently and then had to overcome tremendous preconceived notions to get it accepted by the scientific community which they did with overwhelming evidence from multiple fields.
You have not said anything to repudiate this article. Basically because you can’t, this is real science and you have actually agreed with some of it. You have only added to it being an accurate source of information. Evolution is not about the origins of life or how they evolve. It is about a quirky little term called organism which can mean just about anything anyone wants it to be. For one a living thing such as an animal is something that has the ability to interact with the world independently. They have brains, they can do different tasks like build houses out of their environment to live in, gather food, etc. Other organism such as plants can’t do that. They are pretty much stationary and rely on photosynthesis to grow. And require the interaction of other animals or the environment to spread seeds around so they can reproduce and re-grow in other places. That is nature not evolution.

outhouse

Atheistically
Evolution is not about the origins of life or how they evolve

You have a serious lack of education on this subject and you not qualified to even make basic guesses with credibility

you cannot back a word you state, nor do you have a shred of evidence to back one statement you have made

Gloone

You have a serious lack of education on this subject and you not qualified to even make basic guesses with credibility

you cannot back a word you state, nor do you have a shred of evidence to back one statement you have made
What? Did you not read anything I posted or did you just have a hard time comprehending it?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
This why evolution has it's flaws, due to overgeneralizing. Full article here on overgeneralizing.

From your post...

Charles Darwin saw a pattern that governs the evolution of all life on earth. Quite a generalization! From that single generalization, new understandings about diseases were discovered that greatly improved the effectiveness of doctors. In fact, whole new sciences have issued from that single generalization

And
What I’m trying to say is: The mistakes our brains tend to make (like overgeneralizing) are the inevitable by-products of our great intelligence.

And from the article you copied from....

By and large, our ability to generalize is a good thing. Many positive results have come from it. For example, Ignaz Semmelweis noticed when doctors performed a dissection and then assisted in a birth, the women had a tendency to get childbed fever. He was able to detect a pattern, to make a generalization, and his ability to generalize led to the practice of using antiseptics and sterilization, saving millions of unnecessary deaths over time.

Perhaps you should have read the full article and realized it points out the exact opposite of what you are trying to prove about evolutionary biology.

outhouse

Atheistically
What? Did you not read anything I posted or did you just have a hard time comprehending it?

you as lost a a baby kitten in the african savanna.

you dont have a clue about evolution and the trash you posted and got called on is utter rubbish created by no one with any credibility at all.

Gloone

you as lost a a baby kitten in the african savanna.

you dont have a clue about evolution and the trash you posted and got called on is utter rubbish created by no one with any credibility at all.
You really don't have a clue do you. You are about as clueless as the creationist you complain about. I read much of the article I posted and actually posted it because it was one without any bias. Yet you seem to use your bias towards to make an invalid point saying I didn't read the article I posted. You should really calm those emotions of yours, I think I hear the kettle calling.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
You really don't have a clue do you. You are about as clueless as the creationist you complain about. I read much of the article I posted and actually posted it because it was one without any bias. Yet you seem to use your bias towards to make an invalid point saying I didn't read the article I posted. You should really calm those emotions of yours, I think I hear the kettle calling.
Post #247

outhouse

Atheistically

you dont have the knowledge to see bias.

all my statements stand.

please get a education in the subject at hand if you dont want to look foolish talking about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Gloone

you dont have the knowledge to see bias.

all my statements stand.

please get a education in the subject at hand if you dont want to look foolish talking about something you know absolutely nothing about.
This seems to be the typical response you give people when you have nothing better to say.

outhouse

Atheistically
This seems to be the typical response you give people when you have nothing better to say.

thats because I have went out and paid the dues and recieved and education.

What I dont know I study until I do know and know well if im interested.

I do not get on a forum and start posted garbage based on guesses and make remarks that go against ALL of science and technology

and above all, when i do make a mistake and I do, if shown the right way, I admit im wrong, thank the person and move on.

you cannot show the right way because you dont know. you cant even back the article you posted and called "science"

Gloone

thats because I have went out and paid the dues and recieved and education.

What I dont know I study until I do know and know well if im interested.

I do not get on a forum and start posted garbage based on guesses and make remarks that go against ALL of science and technology

and above all, when i do make a mistake and I do, if shown the right way, I admit im wrong, thank the person and move on.
Okay well let me know when you want to debate the original post the original poster provided and not babble on about nothing. Until then save yourself the trouble and don't post please.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Okay well let me know when you want to debate the original post the original poster provided and not babble on about nothing. Until then save yourself the trouble and don't post please.

sure thing quit posting foolish uneducated statements like this trying to pass lies off as proof and i will.

Gloone

sure thing quit posting foolish uneducated statements like this trying to pass lies off as proof and i will.
Okay craphouse, this is what I posted. In its full context.

"You have not said anything to repudiate this article. Basically because you can’t, this is real science and you have actually agreed with some of it. You have only added to it being an accurate source of information. Evolution is not about the origins of life or how they evolve. It is about a quirky little term called organism which can mean just about anything anyone wants it to be. For one a living thing such as an animal is something that has the ability to interact with the world independently. They have brains, they can do different tasks like build houses out of their environment to live in, gather food, etc. Other organism such as plants can’t do that. They are pretty much stationary and rely on photosynthesis to grow. And require the interaction of other animals or the environment to spread seeds around so they can reproduce and re-grow in other places. That is nature not evolution.
"

Now if you want to prove my statements wrong then provide evidence, since most people that follow evolution ask for it. I am asking you to now. So provide some proof or evidence for what you find fault with.

David M

Okay craphouse, this is what I posted. In its full context.

"You have not said anything to repudiate this article. Basically because you can’t, this is real science and you have actually agreed with some of it. You have only added to it being an accurate source of information. Evolution is not about the origins of life or how they evolve. It is about a quirky little term called organism which can mean just about anything anyone wants it to be. For one a living thing such as an animal is something that has the ability to interact with the world independently. They have brains, they can do different tasks like build houses out of their environment to live in, gather food, etc. Other organism such as plants can’t do that. They are pretty much stationary and rely on photosynthesis to grow. And require the interaction of other animals or the environment to spread seeds around so they can reproduce and re-grow in other places. That is nature not evolution.
"

Now if you want to prove my statements wrong then provide evidence, since most people that follow evolution ask for it. I am asking you to now. So provide some proof or evidence for what you find fault with.

Highlighted is the relevant statement that Outhouse quoted. And its still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.