• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionist contradict themselves and debunked-Story of Creation is Biblical Fact

gnostic

The Lost One
As scientific discoveries go, the BB is a pretty big one, arguably the greatest of all time, yet many atheists who claim to speak for science, are completely unaware of it's controversial history, the ideological resistance to it from atheists, it's something you rarely hear mentioned in pop science. So unfortunately this needs pointed out a lot more than I wish I had to!

Science has nothing to do with taking sides, between theism and atheism, because...

(A) ...atheism don't have anything to do with science and
(B) ...theism don't have anything to do with science.​

Atheists, theists and agnostics can follow what they are, and at the same time studied or worked in scientific fields, or work fields relating to science.

And you have a very limited understanding of the history of the Big Bang, and you are ignoring my replies, whenever I bring up Alexander Friedmann, a Russian physicist and an atheist, WHO was actually the first person who brought up the idea of expanding universe model, in 1922, five year before Georges Lemaître wrote his own paper on this same subject.

Did you even bother to read post 152?

I'd guess not. Because you always my post whenever I bring up Alexander Friedmann.

Yes, Lemaître's contribution to the expanding universe cosmology was valuable and essential, but he just WASN'T THE EARLIEST physicist to bring this cosmology.

Even Albert Einstein, who wasn't advocate of the expanding universe model, heard of Friedmann's idea before he read Lemaître's hypothesis.

And Friedmann wasn't the only early atheist, nor the last atheist to advocate for this cosmology.

George Gamow was another Russian physicist and atheist, who advocated for expanding universe cosmology (EUC).

It was Gamow who took in both works and ideas from Friedmann and Lemaître (along with Einstein's General Relativity), and took EUC to another notch, making advances that neither Friedmann, nor Lemaître could solve - like where did the earliest and lightest elements come from and how did it formed these elements.

Gamow wrote on this subject, now known as the Big Bang Nucleosynthesis (BBN), in 1948. Other sources come from nuclear physicists, Lise Meitner (nuclear frisson) and Hans Bethe (nuclear fusion) in 1939, which gave us better understanding of particle physics and quantum mechanism.

Gamow had already defect to the US, and with his students, Ralph Alpher and Robert Herman, they predicted the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation (CMBR), again in 1948, which was Big Bang's most compelling evidence, that wasn't discovered until 1965, by Penzias and Wilson.

So you are speaking nonsense, Guy Threepwood, when you claimed that atheists only followed refuted Steady State model of Fred Hoyle. Clearly you haven't heard of Friedmann and Gamow...or worse, you are ignoring their contributions to the Big Bang theory, which would mean your lack of integrity and honesty.

Read post 152, Guy, because your idea of history of the Big Bang is very narrow and limited.

And for your information, Guy, I was the one who first brought up Lemaître rebuking the then Pope, for claiming victory for Catholicism. I was the one who brought up Lemaître telling the pope that his work on physics, were separate from his religion. I brought it up about 3 months ago in post 14, Lemaître, the BB, & theism vs atheism.

I have made this thread about Lemaître (Lemaître, the BB, & theism vs atheism), specifically for you, so that you wouldn't stop hijacking evolution-creationism threads with Lemaître and Hoyle, but you didn't bite, because I saw no contributions from you.

gnostic

The Lost One
You totally ignore and forget that Lemaitre picked up where Friedmann left off. Typical hyper-religious cherry-picking of the details.

You are right, Guy is dishonestly cherry-picking in what history to include.

Guy has completely ignored that Alexander Friedmann and George Gamow were both early advocates for the expanding universe model, just as Lemaître, but were atheists too.

He wrote:
yet many atheists who claim to speak for science, are completely unaware of it's controversial history, the ideological resistance to it from atheists, it's something you rarely hear mentioned in pop science.

But Guy completely ignored Friedmann and Gamow contributions to the Big Bang, only demonstrate his dishonesty and ignorance.

Last edited:

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
But Guy completely ignored Friedmann and Gamow contributions to the Big Bang, only demonstrate his dishonesty and ignorance.

Ignorance, in my book, is acceptable and to be expected. Ignorance, to clearly define the word in the context I am using it (as many put far more into this word than what is really there, thus becomes an insult) is simply a state of now knowing; thus all of us are ignorant of something, somehow.

But Thorp's ignorance is beyond that. His is willful ignorance. Chosen ignorance. Educated ignorance. While I am tolerant of ignorance in and of itself, I find willful, chosen and educated ignorance unpalatable.

gnostic

The Lost One
Ignorance, in my book, is acceptable and to be expected. Ignorance, to clearly define the word in the context I am using it (as many put far more into this word than what is really there, thus becomes an insult) is simply a state of now knowing; thus all of us are ignorant of something, somehow.

He shouldn't be ignorant, because the last year all so, every time he bring up Big Bang, Lemaître and atheists in a evolution, I have brought up Alexander Friedmann and George Gamow as early atheists who advocate for the expanding universe (EU) model, therefore refuting his claims that atheists only accept Fred Hoyle's Steady State (SS) model.

He should have learned by now, that what he claiming that atheists were anti-Big Bang is not true. And yet he bringing up time and time again.

But he has ignored my replies every single time.

If he is ignorant, then he is being wilful ignorant. But I don't think that's actually the case; I think he is also being dishonest. And I think it is his ego at play, refusing to admit he is wrong and refusing to learn from his mistake.

He SHOULD KNOW that what he is saying isn't true, because I have clearly and ALWAYS bring up Friedmann and Gamow, every single time.