• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evoluton????

ahmetcelik

I’m asking for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Newton built the theory of gravitation without knowing WHY masses attract each other.

Theories AREN'T proven; they are a best-guess at an answer based upon what is currently known/proven.

Pah

Uber all member
ahmetcelik said:
I’m asking for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer.
As to your example, buildings without a ground floor are built quite often in flood areas. I've seen them along the eastern sea coast. They may have a 1st floor but not a ground floor

Evolution stands by itself. Origins are another matter. It is theorized that the mechanics of a proven evolution created first life but evolution does not make that claim.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There is no logically necessary link between the theory of evolution and theories of life's origins.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
can you build a building without ground floor?
Sure I can. Pah mentioned the buildings that are often built along coast lines to avoid flooding. I have constructed a two story set for a play before. It had to support 10 people on the upper level, and there was no ground floor. Just a ton of boards under the platforms to support the weight, and even more sticking out from the sides and bolted to the floor to stabalize it.

Fatmop

It is quite difficult to provide a clearly logical answer to such an illogical question. Try to steer clear of analogies; they whiff of the devil.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
A logical answer - ok. We can observe microevolution, that is evolution on a small scale, occuring around us, we can see it, record it, analyse results and publish papers showing that it occurs. For macroevolution we have the fossil record which shows progression within lineages from one form to a slightly different form, to another slightly different form and so on...

The theory of evolution is the theory of how life evolves into other forms, NOT how it began.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Sunstone said:
There is no logically necessary link between the theory of evolution and theories of life's origins.
This pretty much answers his question.

~Victor

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Halcyon said:
A logical answer - ok. We can observe microevolution, that is evolution on a small scale, occuring around us, we can see it, record it, analyse results and publish papers showing that it occurs. For macroevolution we have the fossil record which shows progression within lineages from one form to a slightly different form, to another slightly different form and so on...

The theory of evolution is the theory of how life evolves into other forms, NOT how it began.
Good answer! I agree completely.;)

AtheistAJ

Life begins with hydrogen molecules forming single celled organisms. Biologists conduct those kinds of experiments all the time. If not, then who created Jehovah?

gtrsgrls

Evolution is gay!The only reason people believe it is because it's people's only other outlet for denying there's a God.People either have to believe in evolution or a God who created everything and some people just don't want to believe in God.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
AtheistAJ said:
Life begins with hydrogen molecules forming single celled organisms. Biologists conduct those kinds of experiments all the time. If not, then who created Jehovah?
This seems somewhat confused and at best grossly simplified.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
gtrsgrls said:
Evolution is gay!The only reason people believe it is because it's people's only other outlet for denying there's a God.People either have to believe in evolution or a God who created everything and some people just don't want to believe in God.
This seems even more confused, and even more grossly simplified.

gtrsgrls

AtheistAJ said:
If not, then who created Jehovah?
Someone else came on here the other day with that same argument trying to disprove the existance of God."If God created everything than who created God."The point is that everything had to start somewhere.It takes soooo much more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe that a God created everything.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
ahmetcelik said:
It would help to first have a rational question. Evolution is the consequence of descent with modification. Which of those do you have trouble understanding without appeal to a First Cause?

JerryL

Creationism is gay!The only reason people believe it is because it's people's only other outlet for asserting there's a God.People either have to believe in creation or no God who created everything and some people just want to believe in God.

JerryL

OK. I accept your postulate. Everything must start somewhere. Where did God start?