• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Examples of LHP in movies/books/tv/etc

Informare

Setian I°
I've always found it very helpful to identify LHP modes of thought represented in media such as movies, literature, television, etc. For instance, one of Dr. Aquino's favorite examples is Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne. He describes Captain Nemo as the near perfect artifical model for the left-hand path. He is isolated in a self-created world (the Nautilus), yet he is free to roam and act in a seemingly omnipotent way in the worlds around him.

I'd love to hear any other examples you guys can think of.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I watched the movie "Millenium: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", the first part of the Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I noticed that one of the characters, Liesbet Salander, has a rather obvious LHP view on life. I am not referring to her gothic looks, but to her behavior. She fights back when they try to beat her up, she takes vengeance after she is raped and she fulfills her carnal needs.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Lisbeth Salander definitely, Tyler Durden from Fight Club, Rorschach from Watchmem, House from House... I can't think for some reason. Will be back later with more.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'd say Tyler Durden was more of an Anarchist with anti-Consumerism beliefs. But that's just my thought.

Rorschach is who I was thinking of, I was going to bring up him but forgot his name. Definitely a great character all in all.

Premium Member
Yeah but he was still kinda LHP to me. Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins was Tyler Durden without the LHP.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
:)cool:Check my avatar) - En Sabah Nur AKA Apocalypse from the Marvel universe. IMHO is a LHP Villain.
I'll be back later with a LHP Hero.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The Masque of the Red Death remains one of the first very LHP movies I had ever seen. Sure it's old, but it is thought provoking. Of course, the bad guy gets his in the end but only due to becoming intoxicated with power. A lot of Vincent Price's movies have very LHP themes.

jasonwill2

Revan from the KOTOR games and books (star wars, 4k years before the movies). A young jedi who goes Sith as a pragmatic way to hold off the real sith empire from the galaxy... not enslaved to nor jedi nor the darkside (until the plot twist) but makes his own destiny and is loyal to his own goals above all else, even at the cost of millions/billions of lives. granted he was trying to prepare it to stop a greater evil, but his "the ends justify the means" and pragmatic abandon of concern for life could make him LHP.

Howevering playing him as the Dark Side might make him more consistenly LHP, but even then his actions before and after the first game mostly manifest his LHP tendencies.

Orias

Left Hand Path
The guy in a welding mask with an anvil hammer welded to a giant pole in the movie "Sweatshop". :D

Premium Member
The Sith are more like dark RHPers. I don't see much LHP in them, they follow strict rules and goals. Qui-Gon is more LHP than Sidious especially through the EU.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The Sith are more like dark RHPers. I don't see much LHP in them, they follow strict rules and goals. Qui-Gon is more LHP than Sidious especially through the EU.

The Jedi are bound by strict rules and dogma, where as the Sith are free to manifest the passions of their Wills. Which is more LHP?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Premium Member
The Sith can't follow whatever their Will desires. They follow the Dark Side.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Jedi are bound by strict rules and dogma, where as the Sith are free to manifest the passions of their Wills. Which is more LHP?
The Sith are indeed more RHP than LHP. Putting the movies portrayal of the Sith as villain aside, the Sith do actually have codes, dogma, and the main difference between the Sith and the Jedi are that the Sith are driven by emotion. However Luke Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jin are closer to the Left, as they both more resemble Grey Jedi than traditional Jedi.
My personal favorite is Lestat, from the Vampire Chronicle books and Interview with the Vampire movie. Afterall, everyone and everything in what he sees as a Savage Garden are nothing more than his play things.