• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Examples of LHP in movies/books/tv/etc

Orias

Left Hand Path
You guys don't know what you're talking about, we all know Lloyd Christmas is the most LHP.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The Jedi are bound by strict rules and dogma, where as the Sith are free to manifest the passions of their Wills. Which is more LHP?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

You're thinking of the Grey Jedi. There is no Grey Jedi code, but there is a Sith Code.

Siths follow a code of orders, Greys are their own person.

(I'mma Grey Jedi for life, bro ;))

Orias

Left Hand Path
You guys are still stuck on Jedi?

You must really have no idea what you're talking about.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Well, I'm not about to argue Star Wars cosmology with you guys, you indeed seem to know a lot more about it than I... you nerds. :p

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
All the good guys in LotR are LHP. The villains are completely right hand.

Premium Member
I disagree. The villains are pretty LHP, they want power.

Every villain is a slave to Sauron. So, only he could be LHP. But it isn't left hand at all to want to enslave everyone and make them follow your will. The heroes all decided for themselves fo even go on the journey. They drink and smoke and have sex to their hearts desire, and they want people to be free.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Every villain is a slave to Sauron. So, only he could be LHP. But it isn't left hand at all to want to enslave everyone and make them follow your will. The heroes all decided for themselves fo even go on the journey. They drink and smoke and have sex to their hearts desire, and they want people to be free.

Frodo!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

OK, I'll be just flat out honest here... I never saw LotR or read it, I'm not that big of a fantasy fan (don't judge :D) but I thought they wanted power over all. Guess I was wrong lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
OK, I'll be just flat out honest here... I never saw LotR or read it, I'm not that big of a fantasy fan (don't judge :D) but I thought they wanted power over all. Guess I was wrong lol.
In LotR Sauron had the goal of enslaving Middle Earth. Two LHP figures, Satan and Prometheus for example, did not desire to enslave but to improve the condition of the human race. Satan is often even portrayed as not wanting people to worship him, but rather to stand with him as equals.

Premium Member
In LotR Sauron had the goal of enslaving Middle Earth. Two LHP figures, Satan and Prometheus for example, did not desire to enslave but to improve the condition of the human race. Satan is often even portrayed as not wanting people to worship him, but rather to stand with him as equals.

Exactly why I always saw LotR as a LHP story, though it is ironically written by a Catholic. Just because it is light vs dark with a bunch of "light" religious symbolism doesn't make it a Christianized tale. Tolkien was secretly a left hand pather ;)