• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exercise

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
What are some common activities that Muslim women to do to keep fit?

Sahar

Like any other woman around the world. Aerobics, Gym, exercise at home, walking, playing sports...etc. :)
I might add belly dancing :dancer:

I sometimes walk up and down stairs...very good exercise...:D

Last edited:

Sahar

ahahaha...oh God!!!!
Here, we have special gyms for women only or certain time specified for women...so that they can be more comfortable....and so that no one can say "I always see a lot of hotties in the gym"... ;)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Like any other woman around the world. Aerobics, Gym, exercise at home, walking, playing sports...etc. :)
I might add belly dancing :dancer:

I sometimes walk up and down stairs...very good exercise...:D

First of all, thanks girls for the responses.

I was curious because of the dress codes for women and chastity and such and wondered what was thus popular to do. Do you still cover all the body at the gym? Do you wear dresses/skirts or pants?

And is belly dancing ok in Islam? It is a very sensual dance. I thought dancing was restricted?

What kinds of sports do you play?

Bismillah

Submit
I think not4me might have been a bit sarcastic :D

In Muslim countries I imagine there would be gyms for women only and as I understand it women do not have to veil themselves in front of other women and relatives.

My grandmother walks three miles in the morning if that helps :)

Sahar

I was curious because of the dress codes for women and chastity and such and wondered what was thus popular to do. Do you still cover all the body at the gym? Do you wear dresses/skirts or pants?
Listen Madhuri, keep in mind that there are Muslim women who don't wear hijab and some of them don't have a problem with going to a mixed gym. However for the veiled section, as I said there are gyms for women only so that they can be comfortable, naturally they take off the scarf and the loose long dresses, they might wear top/T-shirt and pantalon maybe shorts....

And is belly dancing ok in Islam? It is a very sensual dance. I thought dancing was restricted?
Belly dancing is very okay as long as it's between girls (but also with proper dress and without exaggeration) or in front of your husband (with whatever dress you want and get sensual as much as you want) or alone :D. Belly dancing among girls is very common in Egypt (of course not all people stick to the teachings of modesty and some girls dance in front of men in a wedding for example).

Last edited:

Sahar

There are belly dancing classes for women, some women like it because it improves their waist area. And I am not sarcastic. ;)

Sahar

Lol........
Really...did you try it? It's very cool exercise. My father suggested it to me when he saw me waking up lazy from my sleep...and I said "ok I'll try it"...and I found it to be very cool, climbing up (against gravity :cool:) and down multiple times very good for the blood circulation and for losing weight. It's quick and effective. :)

joea

Oshoyoi
Really...did you try it? It's very cool exercise. My father suggested it to me when he saw me waking up lazy from my sleep...and I said "ok I'll try it"...and I found it to be very cool, climbing up (against gravity :cool:) and down multiple times very good for the blood circulation and for losing weight. It's quick and effective. :)
Yes I agree..

There are woman only gyms near where I live too. In fact, one is just down the street. It would take me maybe ten minutes to walk to it :p
but I am not a woman. Just saying hahaha

fatima_bintu_islam

Body parts of women which must be covered in front of women is from the navel to the knees.

At the gym, each lady wears what she likes. In my town, I dont recall hearing about mixed gyms yet. There may be mixed gyms for martial arts like Taekwando and Karate and similar, but not the other style as far as I know.

As for dresses or pants, than most women wear pants; you dont want your skirt going up while you're making aerobic moves lol :)

Twister

Body parts of women which must be covered in front of women is from the navel to the knees.
Body portion of women to be covered infront of women starts from right below the neck( above the chest) and uptill the knees. Not from the navel to the knees, thats the man's portion of coverage.

And i dont think belly dancing ( with music) is allowed is islam :eek:
I cant say the same though if girls use that action to slim their waists.

From what I know, Music is not allowed in Islam, and dancing either. Vain activities.

Last edited: