• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiences with the supernatural, demonstrably sane ugh

HeartBreakKid

Please, suspension of disbelief, but that being said I don't know where this belongs, I think it would fit in the Àbrahmic forum, which is where I wanted to post this, but it says I have insufficient privileges to post there. I am not sure how you would define my beliefs so I just consider myself agnostic, though I believe in the Bible to an extent.

This is not really a topic about my faith though, I have had a number of supernatural experiences that defy explanation and were super scary, but for all intensive purposes they really happened. Also I don't really want to debate my sanity, but nonetheless. I was wondering how to differentiate between Satanic forces in the world and more benevolent forces that might be more neutral or divine in essence.

The problem is I am being troubled by Satanic forces, the Bible says he real so it's against religion to deny his existence but anyway, I had some experiences involving Satan, and then these other experiences. And well, Satan seems all powerful, I don't know what is his influence or not and I can't be certain.

How do I tell the difference? Does anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The problem is I am being troubled by Satanic forces, the Bible says he real so it's against religion to deny his existence but anyway, I had some experiences involving Satan, and then these other experiences. And well, Satan seems all powerful, I don't know what is his influence or not and I can't be certain.

How do I tell the difference? Does anyone have any idea?

First of all: shalom and welcome.

As for your question: It is my firm belief that your best option would be to avail yourself of competent mental health expertise and intervention. I suspect that this is not the response that you were hoping for, but for me to suggest anything else would be doing you a tremendous disservice.

I wish you well.

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the RF @HeartBreakKid !

Given a suspension of belief and the rules that you have laid out in your OP….. I think a good place to start would be for you to describe what you believe are “supernatural” occurrences that have been troubling you

Is it that it is very frustrating to get paperwork completed for your new house or the adoption of a child? That certain “types of people” who you don’t like keep moving into your neighborhood? Or are you discussing evil voices coming from the furniture that are telling you to do destructive things?

HeartBreakKid

Welcome to the RF @HeartBreakKid !

Given a suspension of belief and the rules that you have laid out in your OP….. I think a good place to start would be for you to describe what you believe are “supernatural” occurrences that have been troubling you

Is it that it is very frustrating to get paperwork completed for your new house or the adoption of a child? That certain “types of people” who you don’t like keep moving into your neighborhood? Or are you discussing evil voices coming from the furniture that are telling you to do destructive things?
I am not mentally ill and even then mental illness isn't really real, there's no true science behind the psychiatry industry, they're a multi million dollar industry that makes money off the continued suffering of it's so called patients. You would have to operate on a living person's brain to really know how the human brain works in actuality, the science behind such theories as the chemical imbalance theory have been debunked, they have multi millionaire dollar lobbyists that go to doctors, companies and where these studies are being performed and they offer kick backs to get their medicine approved.

Daemon Sophic

I would be very interested to see the research articles you're referring to when you say that current analysis and treatment of depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and ADHD are "debunked".

But meanwhile; what do you mean by, "I had some experiences involving Satan, and then these other experiences. " ?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Experience.

Honestly, just experience.

In some ways, it is unfortunate that modern society has largely lost its mystery schools. One of the things mystery schools train is how to navigate what you are calling "supernatural" experiences as well as just navigate life and living more generally. Unsurprisingly, it is more of a lifelong journey sort of thing that takes a lot of time and effort. But in simple terms, it boils down to knowing yourself, knowing your crafts, and knowing your relations or the other being around you. Through that you learn the art of discernment: you simply trust in yourself and in your knowledge and become comfortable making these judgement calls through experience. Again, coming back to that word: experience. That's how you know. Experience. And it's never a know for sure it's always a this is how I tell the story right now and it can change later.

Experience. Knowledge. Discipline. Practice. Discernment.

Belief in "Satanic forces" has no place in my religious tradition, so I really cannot provide any direct advice on that matter. The mystery school I trained in doesn't really even use the term "supernatural" to describe things at all, but instead views things through the lens of the otheworlds - something that is still part of nature, but in a sort of... liminal or ephemeral or ideal space? It's complicated. Best advice I have for navigating the otherworlds is this - the otherworlds are often like a mirror. What you take in with you is what you will get back. Suspending expectations and keeping an open mind is one of the most important components of journeywork. If you expect to find "Satanic forces" you probably will.