• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well then, if it is possible for nothing to become something, we should be able to repeat it. Let's see you do that. Or if you can't, show me someone who can.
That statement is just gibberish mate - I'm amazed that you got likes for posting a comment that is so pointlessly misguided. The bar is set so low for you guys.

Well then, if it is possible for God to create the Universe, we should be able to repeat it. Let's see you do that. Or if you can't, show me someone who can.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Lots of things are created without intent, the Grand Canyon, the Mississippi River, the Island of Hawaii, the moon, just to mention a few.
Apples and oranges, obviously. We are talking about the seeding of a planet (forget about the other issues), and the formations of natural features created by nature which is already in motion.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Apples and oranges, obviously. We are talking about the seeding of a planet (forget about the other issues), and the formations of natural features created by nature which is already in motion.
What's the difference? Both need no intent.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
In my thoughts atheists will be given access to the lower kingdoms of heaven where they will be prevented from progressing to godhood. Their progression will be damned. They will be in Damnation for all eternity. That is where hell will be. In damnation, a damned mansion. Jesus said, In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. What was he preparing. Was he insuring that you would be in a kingdom that meets with who you are? I don't know. I am speculating that some of those mansion will house the wicked and unbelievers where they will be in the company of those with whom they are most comfortable. I also think that it will be but a relatively small group of the Lords elite, who will recognise the saviours voice, and gain entry into the highest kingdoms of heaven where they may eventually progress to Godhood. Maybe. It is all speculation though. Just my idol thoughts of a what I think could be possible, but we will see.
Ah ... now I understand, you are a Mormon who went round the mythology bend. Now I understand where you're coming from.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I have no problem with going with no intent.
Then were still stuck with first cause, among other things.
In what way are we 'stuck' with first cause? It is a question for cosmologists and has no bearing on whether faith is logical or not.
The cosmological arguments in all of their forms are just arguments from incredulity or ignorance - they do not argue for a god either way.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In what way are we 'stuck' with first cause? It is a question for cosmologists and has no bearing on whether faith is logical or not.
The cosmological arguments in all of their forms are just arguments from incredulity or ignorance - they do not argue for a god either way.
Who said 'argue for a god'. They don't argue against intelligent design or intent, that's the point. And the topic of the thread doesn't make an absolute claim as far as I can tell.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Who said 'argue for a god'. They don't argue against intelligent design or intent, that's the point. And the topic of the thread doesn't make an absolute claim as far as I can tell.
Well if the 'first cause' argument does not argue for a god - how is it relevant to faith? Nobody needs to argue against intelligent design - ID proponents have yet to reach the stage of a testable hypothesis - there is no theory to argue against.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well if the 'first cause' argument does not argue for a god - how is it relevant to faith?
I'm saying it can argue for a god, but not necessarily. So, it is no more illogical to assume a god than to assume no god. Your arguments do not prove lack of deity, intent, or intelligence.