• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
What is your opinion? Where did everything come from?
Why would it need to come from anywhere? The total energy of the universe is zero - you are asking people where no energy came from. Probably nowhere buddy, same place my invisible hat came from.

NulliuSINverba

I don't either, so what.

Were you not asserting that specific theories being offered by non-theists were unsubstantiated ... and when asked for specifics, exclaiming "Who cares?"

So far, I'd venture that the word "unsubstantiated" is best aimed at your assertions.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Why would it need to come from anywhere? The total energy of the universe is zero - you are asking people where no energy came from. Probably nowhere buddy, same place my invisible hat came from.
Ah, right, your invisible hat, now we're talking. Nothing from nowhere, we're on the same page.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well, first off, I don't. Secondly, that's common, not sure why you're asking me that.

Arguing unfalsifiable claims might be common amongst the religious, but outside of religion it's mostly known to be a big time waster. (I'm asking because the premise of the thread is to engage in arguing an unfalsifiable claim.)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Were you not asserting that specific theories being offered by non-theists were unsubstantiated ... and when asked for specifics, exclaiming "Who cares?"

So far, I'd venture that the word "unsubstantiated" is best aimed at your assertions.
So you're disagreeing with Bunyip? How can my claims be unsubstantiated if the total energy of the universe is zero. There is nothing being implied, 0+0=0

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Translation: If you don't believe our bologna, it's because you're not open-minded enough.
It is God given, not man given.
Claims of "internalized proof" are not proof. They are more claims.
They are proof, you just don't see it.
I readily accept that theists make unsubstantiated claims. It's not even the least bit controversial. That is what they do.

Only if you promise to not mistake existing just because you've experienced what the rest of us have not.

Meanwhile, let us recall that testimony of X is never a reliable indicator that X exists.

See:

Monster, Loch Ness
Objects, Unidentified Flying
Snowman, Abominable
Your arguments are classical tired atheist arguments and are from ignorance.

Robert.Evans

FWIW, I allow an ever-so-slight possibility that there is a deity (and an even smaller chance that such a deity is as described by a man made religion).

So, if Jesus returned tomorrow with bomb-proof evidence, I'd change my mind. Regardless, I'll label arguments based on unfalsifiable claims as "silly". (Lucille agrees )
But you see if he returned tomorrow, he would not need to give evidence as that would be proof. There is a difference between evidence and proof, even though proof can be seen as evidence.
One would suppose that you would think in carnal terms and assume he would be in the body of a man, again! You see the problem. You want everything to be physical. Metaphysical arguments are not revealed that way.

NulliuSINverba

So you're disagreeing with Bunyip? How can my claims be unsubstantiated if the total energy of the universe is zero. There is nothing being implied, 0+0=0

I'm asking you to cite specific "unsubstantiated" theories being advanced by non-theists. That was what you said.

Please stop trying to change the subject.

Robert.Evans

I am waiting for a non theist to show that intelligence is not the answer and that somehow luck and magic did it. There seems to be no other option here, except saying it is not God. Why is it not? Why luck? What is the answer if not God? I see no answer, just non theist claiming it is not, with no evidence to back it up nor another argument to give. It is as if they have not even stopped to think about.. I figure it is just therapy myself, a way to make themselves feel good because they feel there is no answer. Yet they always take the argument into the physical, which is completely wrong......

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I am waiting for a non theist to show that intelligence is not the answer and that somehow luck and magic did it. There seems to be no other option here, except saying it is not God. Why is it not? Why luck? What is the answer if not God? I see no answer, just non theist claiming it is not, with no evidence to back it up nor another argument to give. It is as if they have not even stopped to think about.. I figure it is just therapy myself, a way to make themselves feel good because they feel there is no answer. Yet they always take the argument into the physical, which is completely wrong......
Actually as modern science develops, they have to go more and more into the 'non-physical', which is even worse for 'the everything which is nothing from nothing which couldn't be something because it's nothing yet is differentiated from the other nothing which is everything by apparently something which has to be nothing' theory.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm asking you to cite specific "unsubstantiated" theories being advanced by non-theists. That was what you said.

Please stop trying to change the subject.
I'm not changing the subject. Perhaps we should. Do you know anything about teapots? I mean real ones, that's a good topic.
Ok anyways, that was really not changing the subject, the fact that you think it is, is worrisome. The nature of 'nothing' and how it relates to 'something' is very much on topic. I asked him where everything came from, and he said the total energy of the universe is zero. That was his response, that's on topic.