• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fallout

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I watched it and enjoyed it. The mix of quirk and violence, as well as the general aesthetic all held pretty true to the source material.

I love the dichotomy of the Wasteland. Gratuitous violence underscored by upbeat 50s music (about nuclear war/murder). They did good bringing it to life.

I still get a chuckle playing the games when my wonton killing sprees line up with the musical score (heads exploding at climaxes).

Edit: this probably says a lot about me personally. Lmao

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I saw the first episode as it was free on Freevee. I need to watch the rest though, I really enjoyed Ep1 and I've heard nothing but good reviews on the rest of the season.

Nimos

Anyone watched it?

Bonkers. Loads of funny bits and violence.
Saw it, it's ok nothing special I think.

I like that they stay true to the universe. But the story doesn't really make sense and the characters are pretty weak. But there is entertainment to be found in it :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I love the dichotomy of the Wasteland. Gratuitous violence underscored by upbeat 50s music (about nuclear war/murder). They did good bringing it to life.

I still get a chuckle playing the games when my wonton killing sprees line up with the musical score (heads exploding at climaxes).

Oh, nothing we didn't already know. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Some of the most fun I've had in those games, in 4 I found a radio tower controlled by Super Mutants. They were too much at first so I retreated amd came back with a power suit. As I was getting into position to start raining bullets on them Flight of the Valkery began to play. It played as I killed them all amd them as I ran around to loot I forget the song but it gave the scene a Silence of the Lamb feel after Hannibal killed those guards.:smilecat:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Saw it, it's ok nothing special I think.

I like that they stay true to the universe. But the story doesn't really make sense and the characters are pretty weak. But there is entertainment to be found in it :)
Ach, it isn't groundbreaking telly but it was very entertaining. I thought the Lucy character was solid and the woman who played her did a really good job. The cowboy/zombie guy was outstanding.

Nimos

Ach, it isn't groundbreaking telly but it was very entertaining. I thought the Lucy character was solid and the woman who played her did a really good job. The cowboy/zombie guy was outstanding.
I think it was entertaining enough.

I agree the cowboy character was by far the best.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm in the process of watching Episode 4 right now

I'm really enjoying it but wouldn't enjoy it even half as much if I couldn't get all the references to things that are in the game

I love the dog

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I remembered while watching the show, I've never really remembered the stories of the games, I remember very few characters, but I definitely remember the world of the Wasteland.
But it's definitely up there with the first Castlevania series showcasing a video game to movie (or tv show) can be a great. It gives me hope we'll someday see a Zelda movie and it will be great, maybe even a horror movie based on Metroid.