• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

False Religions

robtex

Veteran Member
Steve said:
1 - it assumes all the blindman report the truth and are not just making garbage up for some other reason.
No you made that assumption. The story only describes how they attain their info. I seeing a parallel applied it to this thread.

Steve said:
2 - many religions flat out deny what another religion specifically teaches. This is very different to not knowing the full picture, it says no we know that you are wrong about this or that. This is not the same as a leg plus a trunk etc
For example some religions claim their is more then one God while others say their is only one, both simple cannot be right. Christianity claims Christ was crucified (which is historical fact if ever there was one, you may disagree why he was crucified though), while islam claims he wasnt. Both cannot be right.
There is no knowing in religion. Religion is a speculation of faith. If we knew there was a God and the aspects of existance there would be much less religious pluralism and few to none non-theists.

Chrsits alleged demised has never been proven or even evidenced. Furthermore since Christ was the only rabbi in the history of Judiasm to not write a single word down there isn't even any evidence he ever existed except in Paul's imagination. Having said that it fits in well with the elephant story. Take an idea and expound on it it using your imagination and by handling a long hose feeling thing walla "you got an elephant!!"

Steve said:
I see this type of analogy and reasoning as weak and a butchering of simple logic and intelligence in the name of political correctness and tolerance. Arnt people allowed to agree to disagree anymore?
The story isn't designed to logic out an elephant. It is an allogory that I used as a parallel to express a point. Logic doesn't apply to faith based systems. There is NO LOGIC to christianity or other religions. They are accepted on faith.

Popeyesays

So knowledge then is based only upon perception?
What about reasoning?
What about inspiration?
Perception without reason is not of much use. And reason without some acknowledgement of inspiration will make one lame.

Regards,
Scott

AtheistAJ

Popeyesays said:
So knowledge then is based only upon perception?
What about reasoning?
What about inspiration?
Perception without reason is not of much use. And reason without some acknowledgement of inspiration will make one lame.

Regards,
Scott
My inspiration to be a freethinker is to stop the world from killing each other because of unproven "inspiration", so if teaching facts without a selfish inspiration of some heaven is lame, lame I shall be in your eyes gladly.

Like “not guilty until proven guilty”, gods don’t exist until proven existent. If there are two choices, “true” or “not true”, and none can be proven, then we have to go with “not true” until proven otherwise.

As for reason, you tell me what is the reason of gods in this world of both love and hate, good and evil, however you define either.