• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

famous converts

Sahar

Is Yusuf Estes your neighbour or something, Yeshua_Lives? I know he is from Texas too. :cool: :D lol

maro

muslimah
Thank you yeshua_lives :)

Yusuf Estes

2.jpg
36909yusuf_skyline.jpg

Yusuf Estes, PhD. (born 1944), is an American convert to Islam and Chairman of "the Muslim Foundation International", which is an Islamic Promotional and Missionary Organization dedicated to spreading the message of al-Islam according to the Quran, Sunnah.[1] He was brought up in a Protestant Christian family; members of the Disciples of Christ. Yusuf Estes was known then as "Skip Estes".

Yusuf Estes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here he is, telling his story :

YouTube - Yusuf Estes talks about journey to Islam

Some of his lectures :
Yusuf Estes - Jesus (pbuh) in Islam

Priests and preachers entering Islam ( 1 of 2 )

The way we treat each other in ISLAM

The Holy Quran

Worship in ISLAM

Good deeds in ISLAM

LOVE in ISLAM

Free Islamic Videos Result :: Estes :: Huge collection of videos:: digital muslim Quran anasheed and more

maro

muslimah
William W. Hay

hay.jpg

Professor Emeritus of Geological Sciences
Associate Curator, University of Colorado Museum

B.S. Southern Methodist University, 1955 (Biology)
M.S. University of Illinois, 1958 (Geology)
Ph.D. Stanford 1960 (Geology)

William Hay

He says : I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scripture of the Holy Qur’aan, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages. Professor Hay: Well, I would think it must be the divine being!

YouTube - Professor William W. Hay admits the Holy Qur'an is from God

maro

muslimah
Muhammad Asad

asad.jpg

Muhammad Asad was a Jew who converted to Islam and later served as one of the first Pakistani ambassadors to the United Nations.....

He spoke of Islam thus:
"Islam appears to me like a perfect work of architecture. All its parts are harmoniously conceived to complement and support each other; nothing is superfluous and nothing lacking; and the result is a structure of absolute balance and solid composure."

Works :
Muhammad Asad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yousaf

When I think of converts to Islam, Louis Farrakhan always seems to be at the head of the line.

the nation of islam are not real muslims they have alot of principles which are same as islam but many contradict the sinmple teachings of islam

Popeyesays

Though the Nation of Islam has indeed created genuine converts to Islam like Malcolm X. Comparing Malcolm X to Louis Farrakhan is good evidence that Islam is a religion of love, since it is Farrakhan that is considered the most likely single person to have been involved in the assassination of Malcolm X.

Regards,
Scott

LittlePinky82

the nation of islam are not real muslims they have alot of principles which are same as islam but many contradict the sinmple teachings of islam

I've enjoyed this thread and seeing famous converts and how they came to Islam and why. Thanks for starting it to the op. I was curious. If they don't follow Islam really why are they called the "Nation of Islam"? I don't want to hijack the thread so I apologize if this is doing that. I've only heard of them personally.

maro

muslimah
Though the Nation of Islam has indeed created genuine converts to Islam like Malcolm X.

Malcolm X left the NOI and became a sunni muslim...

littlepinky82 said:
I've enjoyed this thread and seeing famous converts and how they came to Islam and why. Thanks for starting it to the op.

you are welcome dear :)

I was curious. If they don't follow Islam really why are they called the "Nation of Islam"? I don't want to hijack the thread so I apologize if this is doing that. I've only heard of them personally

they are deviants , they don't hold the true islamic beliefs that stem from the quran and authentic Hadith , they want to invent their own dogma

maro

muslimah
Robert D. Crane

the former adviser to the late President of the United States Richard Nixon, and is former Deputy Director (for Planning) of the U.S. National Security Council. He has authored or co-authored more than a dozen books and over 50 professional articles on comparative legal systems, global strategy, and information management. He is a cousin of former Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives Phil Crane and Dan Crane.​

Publications :His more than a dozen authored or co-authored books include:

• Détente: Cold War Strategies in Transition, Dulles and Crane, CSIS, Praeger, 1965
  • Planning the Future of Saudi Arabia: A Model for Achieving National Priorities, Praeger, 1978
  • Shaping the Future: Challenge and Response, Tapestry, 1997.
These books have been augmented by numerous monographs, including the following produced under the Islamic Institute for Strategic Studies before the September 11, 2001 attacks :
  • Meta-law: An Islamic Policy Paradigm, 49 pages
  • The Grand Strategy of Justice, 83 pages
  • Kosovo and Chechnya: Products of the Past, Harbingers of the Future, 32 pages
  • The Role of Religion in America, 24 pages
  • The Muslim Challenge in America and the World, 35 pages

The story of Islam:

In 1980, he was ordered by his state to follow seminars and conferences about Islam participated by the great commanders of Muslim thinkers like Dr. Hassan Al Toraby who talked several times about Islam and explained it. Robert saw him.
Prays and prostrates. He thought firstly it was an insult for his humanity but later he realized that sheikh Hassan leans to Allah. He thought finally that it is the right action.
He found that Islam is the only solution, it is the religion of justice in its partial and whole matters.​

He is like a lawyer aspires to unhuman concepts and all these concepts are found in Islam, so his heart was opened to Islam and from that day, he declared his Islam and called himself Farouk Abdel-Haq.

Home > Western Eyes > Great Converts > Dr. Robert Crane

maro

muslimah
René Guénon: Rising to the Light

In order to know the reality of light, you must ascend to its source in a unique, personal experiment." _ René Guénon

The French scholar René Guénon — or Sheikh Abdul-Wahid Yahya — was born on November 15, 1886, in the city of Blois, in west-central France. At 20 he began his quest for answers to the questions that the Catholic theologians could not answer. He decided to study the major world religions and the spiritual philosophies. His search ended with his embracing Islam. Consequently, he became one of the most important modern Sufi scholars

René Guénon: Rising to the Light - Reading Islam.com

Last edited by a moderator:

maro

muslimah

T. B. Irving

Thomas Ballantyne Irving (1914–2002) was an American Muslim author, professor, and scholar.
Born in Preston, Ontario (now Cambridge) in 1914, Irving embraced Islam in the early 1950s and took the name Al-Hajj Ta'lim Abu Nasr.
Irving earned a B.A. in Modern Languages from the University of Toronto, and went on to obtain a master's degree from McGill University, and a Ph.D in Near Eastern Studies from Princeton University.
An accomplished scholar of linguistics and a writer, Dr. Irving was responsible for the first American English translation of the Qur'an, "The Qur'an: First American Version", published in 1985. As a scholar, Irving taught and studied at a number of leading universities in the U.S. and Canada, including McGill, Princeton, the University of Minnesota, and the University of Tennessee.
As an author, Dr. Irving wrote numerous books on Islam, including "Had You Been Born A Muslim", "Islam and Its Essence", "Islam Resurgent", and "Growing up in Islam". He also penned a small number of books in Spanish, including "Nacido Commo Musulman" and " Cautiverio Babilonicoen Andalusia".
From 1981 to 1986, Dr. Irving served as the dean of the American Islamic College in Chicago. He was recognized for his service to Islam by the government of Pakistan in 1983 when he was awarded the Star of Excellence. He died on September 24, 2002, after a long struggle with Alzheimer's disease.

maro

muslimah
Abdul Raheem Green

Abdul Raheem Green (also known as Abdur Rahim Green, Abdur Raheem Green and Abdul Rahim Green), formerly Anthony Green, born 1964 [1], is a British "revert" to Islam and Islamic lecturer.

nawab

Abdur Raheem Green did lay a smack down on pakistan that lecture was cool

other famous converts would be
Nicholas Anelka, the football player who used to be in Arsenal fc
Yuvone Ridley the british reporter who was captured in afghanistan
Amina Aslimi, from america i heard she is a lady scholar now in US mostly dealing in womens topics and rights.

and my two best friends of my teens also became muslims
Rajinder Singh now Umar Farroq
other one was a lady she also converted from Sikhism to Islam