• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Thanks Religious Forums, it's been a slice,
It's been fun asking and replying to questions and learning about different religions,
but I've decided to leave these conversations behind me and move on.

I realized that I'd rather have 21st century conversations about the important questions in life.
For example, people are still talking about evolution v. creationism here... that debate was won over a century ago.
Some people's beliefs are so outdated that it's impossible to have fruitful conversations.

Unfortunately, these people will be left behind and left out of modern discourse.
I'm off to go join the group of spaceships at the front of the caravan,
you guys can stay back here with the horse and buggies if you want.
Farewell
You weren't here long enough to really get any sense of the contributing members. You've judged too precipitously. There are many of us who no longer even bother with the creationists -- we know they'll never learn anything. There are many of us who do discuss the important questions of life -- for example how to make sure the planet can continure to support it.

Yes, you can go join a group of those who agree with everything you think, but how much better it might be if you actually made the effort to tell those who don't WHY you think as you do, and invite them to explore those thoughts with you.

But, of course, that's hard work, isn't it?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Thanks Religious Forums, it's been a slice,
It's been fun asking and replying to questions and learning about different religions,
but I've decided to leave these conversations behind me and move on.

I realized that I'd rather have 21st century conversations about the important questions in life.
For example, people are still talking about evolution v. creationism here... that debate was won over a century ago.
Some people's beliefs are so outdated that it's impossible to have fruitful conversations.

Unfortunately, these people will be left behind and left out of modern discourse.
I'm off to go join the group of spaceships at the front of the caravan,
you guys can stay back here with the horse and buggies if you want.
Farewell
There’s no place I’d rather be than amongst my friends in RF.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Listening to Hawkwind is all it takes for me these days, no need for any exotic herbs
The only time I've experienced....that...was when I went to a Hawkwind gig and simply inhaled the air :rolleyes:
I have no idea who or what Hawkwind is! :sob: :pensive: (Only that my autocorrect is aggressively changing the word to "Hawkweed.")

It occurs to me that in that capacity, the OP and Hawkwind have a great deal in common.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
It would be nice if someone could turn down the synthesizer so I can actually hear the band.

Given I've never heard of them, I guess they never crossed over onto the US charts. Interesting use of a flute solo though. Reminiscent of Jethro Tull.
Whilst on tour in North America, Lemmy (of Motorhead fame) was kicked out of the band for a drugs/police related matter. To say that was ironic is an understatement...

RestlessSoul

It would be nice if someone could turn down the synthesizer so I can actually hear the band.

Given I've never heard of them, I guess they never crossed over onto the US charts. Interesting use of a flute solo though. Reminiscent of Jethro Tull.

They did tour the States at least once. Inadvertently lost their bass player (Lemmy Kilmister) on one leg of the tour. They had a significant cult following in the UK, but breakout commercial success tended to elude them, for some reason. A habit of turning up for gigs on the wrong dates or at the wrong venues, probably didn't help

RestlessSoul

Oh dear, I didn't know about that.

They used to be booked to play all the free festivals, but half the time no one, including the organisers, knew which particular field in Wales the festivals were meant to occur in. So maybe it wasn't their fault if they missed the Devil's Dyke Magic Mushroom Festival, for example.