• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father lets daughter die to avoid male life-guards touching her

Yerda

Veteran Member
There are Christian sects who refuse blood transfusions for their children. Point is that anyone who does things like this doesn't love or deserve their children.

Donmax

Sadly this is one of the many tragedies of religious beliefs, in those few minutes he care more about his religious beliefs than the life of his own child those few minutes that most certainly would have save her life, what's also sad is that religious beliefs of similar kind is still happening and not just in one religious faith, some medical cases that i read come to mind but then its still this so call gods law.

Really sad to think some religious believers are still living so far in the past.

SpeaksForTheTrees

A father has duty of care to his children , end of discussion .
Culture huh these people are animals is not culture imho is twisted by the dark side.
Father should of been dead too ,lost his life trying to save his daughter.

Parsimony

Is a father not even allowed to hug his own daughter because of this whole "dishonor" thing? Why didn't he get his own butt out there and save her?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

I do hope someone remembers this if that loathsome waste of carbon & resources is ever in mortal danger. Like, say, he blacks out and finds himself covered in honey in a pit of starving rats.

Baladas

An Págánach
This is a tragedy...the father deserves to be severely punished for this.
Someone should have knocked this fool out to get to the woman.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I do hope someone remembers this if that loathsome waste of carbon & resources is ever in mortal danger. Like, say, he blacks out and finds himself covered in honey in a pit of starving rats.
Better yet.....a pit of starving attorneys!

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
This is a tragedy...the father deserves to be severely punished for this.
Someone should have knocked this fool out to get to the woman.
Or perhaps made a life-preserver from his corpse. Would've been the single greatest thing he could've done with his wretched, wretched life.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I do have a question.

If this kind of thing is "normal" in Dubai, why did the lifeguards bother even trying to fight him? Wouldn't they also feel the same way?

Also, apparently he was arrested and prosecuted, making this kind of thing as illegal in Dubai as it would be in the US.

Therefore, let's all throw stones at this guy. But considering the Dubai authorities are throwing stones with us, I'm not sure this kind of thing should be regarded as a microcosm for the entire situation in that region.

Besides, if this sort of thing were "the cultural norm", I can't really imagine such a culture lasting very long after adopting it.

outhouse

Atheistically
But considering the Dubai authorities are throwing stones with us, I'm not sure this kind of thing should be regarded as a microcosm for the entire situation in that region.

Not sure on that one brother.

The man is a product of the cultures from this geographic region that have a long history of being less then civilized towards women.

Im glad they are moving forward, but we can all agree the fanaticism and fundamentalism is still extreme there even today despite this happening 19 years ago

rusra02

Premium Member
There are Christian sects who refuse blood transfusions for their children. Point is that anyone who does things like this doesn't love or deserve their children.
Refusing a blood transfusion for a child does not mean the parents do not love or deserve their children. Jehovah's witnesses seek the best medical care available for their children while respecting God's clearly stated law to "to abstain... from blood." (Acts 15:20) So successful have non-blood transfusion treatments proved in medical care, there are now numerous bloodless surgery centers around the U.S. and many non-witnesses are opting for bloodless surgery, to avoid the life- threatening dangers of blood transfusions. What Jws do for religious reason, others do because it is often safer to avoid blood transfusions.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Refusing a blood transfusion for a child does not mean the parents do not love or deserve their children. Jehovah's witnesses seek the best medical care available for their children while respecting God's clearly stated law to "to abstain... from blood." (Acts 15:20) So successful have non-blood transfusion treatments proved in medical care, there are now numerous bloodless surgery centers around the U.S. and many non-witnesses are opting for bloodless surgery, to avoid the life- threatening dangers of blood transfusions. What Jws do for religious reason, others do because it is often safer to avoid blood transfusions.
Sorry, I just realised that I was repeating hearsay. I actually don't know a thing about this. Again, my apologies.