• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie Quote

I posted this in an older thread but it really is my favorite and you can actually use it...

"Don't p1$$ down my back and tell me it's rainin' "
From -The Outlaw Josey Wales
The only movie I consider as good as Star Wars.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
"I will shoot your face right off your face!" - Tower Heist. (Just seen it)

"You and your friends have been racist all of your lives, but today you'll learn that we're all the same color... on the inside." - Saw 7.

(Indent means take it literally)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"Hell I like you, you can come over to my house and **** my sister." - Full Metal Jacket.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
"Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe."

Miracle Max in The Princess Bride

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." LTC Kilgore, Apocalypse Now

"I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way." Jules, Pulp Fiction

not nom

from Talladega Nights :D

Susan: It's because it's what you love, Ricky. It is who you were born to be. And here you sit. Thinking. Well, Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a doer, and that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, Ricky. You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?

Ricky Bobby: Susan, I've never heard you talk like that... Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.​

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Bridget Jones Diary
Daniel Cleaver, "making culture bearable" on The Smooth Guide:

"New York. the Big, Juicy Apple. The city that never sleeps with the same person two nights running. My favorite place in America, where Sex And The City isn't just a programme, it's a promise."
AND
'...my friends' motto was ''When in Rome,do as many Romans as you can.'' But if your tastes are marginally more highbrow, l also have tips. Forget the Forum, definitely forget the Coliseum, no fun now they can't slaughter Christians.'

Chocolat

Père Henri: Do I want to speak of the miracle of our Lord's divine transformation? Not really, no. I don't want to talk about his divinity. I'd rather talk about his humanity. I mean, you know, how he lived his life, here on Earth. His *kindness*, his *tolerance*... Listen, here's what I think. I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include....

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
"Working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need." -Tyler Durden.

"How everything you ever love will reject you or die. Everything you ever create will be thrown away. Everything you're proud of will end up as trash. "— Tyler Durden

Manfred

Altered States (1980)
This all takes place at the dinner table, it's such a good scene.

Eddie: Memory is energy! It doesn't disappear - it's still in there. There's a physiological pathway to our earlier consciousnesses. There has to be; and I'm telling you it's in the ********* limbic system.

Mason: You're a whacko!

Eddie: What's whacko about it, Mason? I'm a man in search of his true self. How archetypically American can you get? We're all trying to fulfill ourselves, understand ourselves, get in touch with ourselves, face the reality of ourselves, explore ourselves, expand ourselves. Ever since we dispensed with God we've got nothing but ourselves to explain this meaningless horror of life.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Merlin: The days of our kind are numberèd. The one God comes to drive out the many gods. The spirits of wood and stream grow silent. It's the way of things. Yes... it's a time for men, and their ways. (Excalibur)