• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite religious/spiritual quotes.

Duck

The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
The language is not Narn or Human or Centauri or Gaim or Minbari.
It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust.
It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion.
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice.
It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us.
And the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born.
It is the small, still voice that says we are One.
No matter the blood, no matter the skin,
No matter the world, no matter the star,
We are One.
No matter the pain, no matter the darkness,
No matter the loss, no matter the fear.
We are One.
Here, gathered together in common cause
We agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another.
Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us,
And each voice lost diminishes us.
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.
We are One.

-- Geek points to whomever gets the reference...

Fear is the mind-killer...

Not exactly religious quotes, but inspiring none-the-less

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Babylon 5, the Declaration of Priciples of the Interstellar Alliance, written by G'Kar

... and Dune.

MM218

Freshman Member
Possess our souls with darkness and evil,
Let our will be done, give us the freedom we miss
This is our will and this is your will,
May our will be done.
-Christopher Johnsson

"My true will is my law and I thereby, without mercy, punish all violations against it." -Jon Nödtveidt

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

HINDU FAITH:

"When righteousness is weak and faints, and unrighteousness exults in pride, then my Spirit arises on earth. For the salvation of those who are good, for the destruction of evil in men, for the fulfillment of the kingdom of righteousness, I come to this world from Age to Age."
Bhagavad Gita 4:17

JEWISH FAITH:

"I call Heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse: therefore choose life, that thou and thy seed may live!"
Deuteronomy 30:19

ZOROASTRIAN FAITH:

"When a thousand two hundred and some years have passed from the inception of the Religion of the Arabian, and the overthrow of the Kingdom of Iran, and the degradation of the followers of my Religion, a descendant of the Iranian kings shall be raised up as a prophet."
Zoroastrian scriptures

BUDDHIST FAITH:

"I am not the first Buddha Who came on earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time, another Buddha will arise in the world, a Holy One, a supremely enlightened One, endowed with wisdom and conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach His religion, glorious at the goal, in the spirit, and in the letter. He will proclaim a religious life wholly perfect and pure, such as i now proclaim."
Buddhist scriptures

CHRISTIAN FAITH:

"And now abideth faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love!"
I Corinthians 13:13

MUSLIM FAITH:

"God is the light of the heavens and the earth. His light is like a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp encased in glass, the glass, as it were, a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, of neither the East nor of the West, whose oil is beginning to burst into light, though no fire has touched it. Light upon light, God guideth whomsoever He willeth to His light. And of all things, God is knowing."
Qur'an 24:35

BAHA'I FAITH:

"O SON OF JUSTICE!
"Whither can a lover go but to the land of his beloved? and what seeker findeth rest away from his heart’s desire? To the true lover reunion is life, and separation is death. His breast is void of patience and his heart hath no peace. A myriad lives he would forsake to hasten to the abode of his beloved."
The Hidden Words, Part Two, #4

Best, :)

Bruce

Troublemane

Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them
all. It is I who am the All. From Me did the All come forth, and
unto Me did the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am
there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."

--Gospel of Thomas (v.77)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith

Mjolnir

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.The Buddha

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
"I look upon all creatures equally; none are less dear to me and none more dear."
~ SRI KRISHNA IN THE BHAGAVAD GITA

"Respect for life is the highest worship."
~ TIRUMANTIRAM

"Truth is One but the wise call it by many names"
~ RIG VEDA
(God is one but is called by different names according to different religions, or by different Deities etc.)

"There is only one religion; the religion of love."
~ SAI BABA