• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite vs. least favorite styles of food.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
What is your favorite style of food?

What is your least favorite style of food?

My favorite style of food is Mexican. I’ve lived by the Mexican border for my whole life. I can probably live on carne asada lol (Mexican style thin steak). There are plenty of taco trucks about. I get myself 1 carne asada taco, 1 cabeza taco, 1 al pastor taco, and 1 carnitas taco. Yummy!

My second favorite style of food is American BBQ! Burgers, steaks, ribs, I love meat so much!!!

My least favorite style of food is oritental. I don’t mind fried sushi, but I’ve been told that’s an American monstrosity by a Japanese native. Regardless, I ain’t eating any regular sushi. Idk what it is really about oriental food. I haven’t tried it out too much since I’ve never liked it. Fried rice is the lamest rice. Even white rice with a bit of salt is better imo. Orange chicken is alright. Not the biggest fan of the orange sauce, but it is what I get when I go to oriental places.

So, what about you?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I love Mexican food, closely followed by Korean and then Japanese and Thai. I also really like Italian, though a lot of it seems the same. I guess my least favorite of the ones I've tasted is Mediterranean though I still like it.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I really generally hate fast food. Really of any type.
Gosh my Dad always gave me fast food growing up, so I like it. Dang him lol. My cousins and the such were raised on healthy food and vegetables. They currently dislike fast food and soda and are much healthier than me.

I love me some McDonalds ;-;

Kathryn

Gosh my Dad always gave me fast food growing up, so I like it. Dang him lol. My cousins and the such were raised on healthy food and vegetables. They currently dislike fast food and soda and are much healthier than me.

I love me some McDonalds ;-;
There is a McDonalds pretty close to my house and when I was moving I stopped there and told them "I have never eaten at a McDonalds so what do you recommend?"

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
TRUE STORY TIME!

Before I moved to Texas, the only Mexican food I had had was from Taco Bell. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I moved there!
Taco Bell was actually laughed out of Mexico the first time they tried to open up there as a “Mexican” restaurant. They reframed themselves as an American restaurant and reopened shop in Mexico.

Kathryn

Taco Bell was actually laughed out of Mexico the first time they tried to open up there as a “Mexican” restaurant. They reframed themselves as an American restaurant and reopened shop in Mexico.
About once a month we would go there because my mom loved their refried beans and burritos.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Favourite: Foreign muck (a term a work colleague used)

Therefore my least favourite must be: British

Some English food is good.

Roast beef and Yorkshires

Bangers and mash with a rich gravy

Chip shop fish and chips (when done properly)

Bubble and squeak.

Full English breakfast.

I'm not sure if you'll eat any of them.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
What is your favorite style of food?

What is your least favorite style of food?

My favorite style of food is Mexican. I’ve lived by the Mexican border for my whole life. I can probably live on carne asada lol (Mexican style thin steak). There are plenty of taco trucks about. I get myself 1 carne asada taco, 1 cabeza taco, 1 al pastor taco, and 1 carnitas taco. Yummy!

My second favorite style of food is American BBQ! Burgers, steaks, ribs, I love meat so much!!!

My least favorite style of food is oritental. I don’t mind fried sushi, but I’ve been told that’s an American monstrosity by a Japanese native. Regardless, I ain’t eating any regular sushi. Idk what it is really about oriental food. I haven’t tried it out too much since I’ve never liked it. Fried rice is the lamest rice. Even white rice with a bit of salt is better imo. Orange chicken is alright. Not the biggest fan of the orange sauce, but it is what I get when I go to oriental places.

So, what about you?

ahh, I love Mexican food. My favorite.

least favorite is Indian, though I still like several dishes.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Some English food is good.

Roast beef and Yorkshires

Bangers and mash with a rich gravy

Chip shop fish and chips (when done properly)

Bubble and squeak.

Full English breakfast.

I'm not sure if you'll eat any of them.
Yeah, I was just riffing on my faves in general. We had sos n mash last night, possibly not the sos you'd have. With caramelised onion gravy. Yummy. I like proper chips. Never liked bubble n squeak (cabbage!). We have full English for lunch sometimes (we call it F1 - too dull to explain why). Could never stand it as a breakfast though...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I really like most cuisines. Even if its not a favorite, there are generally good options somewhere.

That being said, my most favorite is probably south Asian. Too many to pick from.

My least favorite is probably that of the northern half of the US.

I feel West African food deserves an honorable mention.